Three Months, No Sales

Solved
Tourist
4 0 1
HELP!

OK... so 3 months ago I followed all the steps, created a good looking webshop, with cool products, I think all the pages are there, just 1 popup :-), free shipping, etc. I've spent a couple of 100s on Google, Bing, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

I'VE MADE JUST 1 SALE...

And that was from the UK, while the only marketing I do is aimed at USA... Zero add to carts, zero mailing list subscribers...

My webshop is www.perroow.com.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what I'm doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance!
0 Likes
Excursionist
20 0 14

looked at website and i am by no means a expert , but my comment on this site is , it is a unique niche but the web page looks almost to busy , some the products titles are way to close and it makes it hard to read, also

@Nick_Hameury wrote:
HELP!

OK... so 3 months ago I followed all the steps, created a good looking webshop, with cool products, I think all the pages are there, just 1 popup :-), free shipping, etc. I've spent a couple of 100s on Google, Bing, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

I'VE MADE JUST 1 SALE...

And that was from the UK, while the only marketing I do is aimed at USA... Zero add to carts, zero mailing list subscribers...

Thanks in advance!

wondering if your page is being found easy because looks like a lot of your categories are made up words ? i mean i kinda understand them but honestly your page looks to overwhelming to me , its kinda confusing . maybe make it a little more simple and easy to navigate?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
15 0 2

A glance at your site, I recommend you should optimize your site interface, such as the distance between images and title, to make your site more clearly.

Second, there are some marketing actions, you can do to get more traffics, then convert those traffics into sales:

• Research keyword, pick the right one, optimize SEO with that keyword
  • Create more useful contents (blog, infographic, video)
  • Share those contents on social media
  • When you got more traffics, you can run remarketing campaign for the viewed products, abandoned carts to remind your customers
  • Send emails marketing: newsletter (when you have updates or discounts), triggered email
  • request guest post
  • join more groups having related topics
  • Check analytics for ecommerce to update your situation and continuous optimizing
Get actionable E-commerce tracking with Ecomfit app - http://tiny.cc/detail-ecomfit
1 Like

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2117 128 271

Nick here from Shopify. 

Really great work on your store so far. I can see you've put a lot of time into it and it shows, but I completely understand your frustration with a lack of converted sales also. After taking a look at your store I did note some things which you could alter or add to try and get some more sales coming through. Let's take a look at them below:

• I absolutely love your "Who's Perroow?" page. I am a firm believer of telling the story of the brand/ store and you have done this fantastically here. The reason I am bringing it up is to ask why is it hidden in the Footer? This is something I would be trying to get as many eyes on as possible at would put on the main navigation menu at the top. People love stories and stories inevitably sell, especially ones about cute cats and dogs. To gather some more inspiration I am going to link two blog posts which the content team at Shopify have written on About Us pages which you can see here and here
  • You mentioned you had spent some money on some ads for various different social media platforms. A great marketing technique to not only help build a genuine audience but also to try and increase sales is organic Instagram engagement. People love pets and they love talking about and sharing them on social media, primarily Instagram. By actively starting and having conversations with real pet lovers and owners you will start to build a genuine fan base and people will check out your store because they want to. A very good Shopify Expert who hosts a podcast spoke about this with a store owner who implemented this technique very successfully which you can listen to here
  • Last but not least, I would advise having a Privacy page. A Privacy page is relatively quick to put together and doesn't cost anything, but increases the trust for your store among visitors especially with things like GDPR being more prevalent. You can see the guide Shopify created for how to add a Privacy page here as well as the Privacy page generator here

I think you're in a great place to succeed and take things to the next level and start making consistent sales. Is there anything else on Shopify you have any questions about? If so, please let me know. 🙂

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks Nick, I've implemented the changes you suggested. Also reworked the page design, collections and pricing. I think the only thing that's left for me to master is e-marketing, I've had a lot of impressions, clicks, landing page views, etc, but no sales. Any other ideas are welcome!

1 Like
Pathfinder
100 6 19
Ok so you have a huge advantage that you aren’t capitalizing on. That is that shipping is only 3-5 days not 2-4 weeks like a ton of people. Put that in your header! Put: Free 3-5 Day USA Shipping!

Just that alone will help your sales quite a bit I’m sure. Another thing would be to remove the buy it now button as well as make the add to cart button a bright color, but not red. Red is normally considered a stop or error color to people so it is normally best not to use it on buttons you want them to push.

There are quite a few other things that would help immensely as well but that’s would be a good place to start.

I would also consider hiring someone on fiverr or upwork to work through your site and give you some optimization tips. That can be super helpful to have some fresh eyes on it.

https://www.fiverr.com/s2/063bc659af?utm_source=CopyLink_Mobile
2 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2117 128 271

I think the only thing that's left for me to master is e-marketing, I've had a lot of impressions, clicks, landing page views, etc, but no sales. Any other ideas are welcome!

Hi Nick, 

More often than not when there are a lot of impressions/ clicks etc. but they don't transfer to sales conversions, it is more often than not a targeting issue. There is a great way to work on building a genuine audience apart from the Instagram technique which I spoke about in my initial reply. It's for FB ads and called the 3x3x3 method. It is based around finding the right audience for your products and will take some testing. It works by creating 3 completely different ads, for 3 different audiences with 3 different sets of text and images but with a small similar budget for each. Over time you will see some of the ads will perform better than others. This is where you can then remove the ads which aren't performing well and increase the budget on the ads which are doing better. You can then build a list of target audiences from the ads that do well so you have a note of what works moving forward. It's definitely worth trying and there are some great guides and tutorials online. One which I found very good can be found here

Let me know if you have any other questions about this. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
1 0 1

@countrygoods wrote:

looked at website and i am by no means a expert , but my comment on this site is , it is a unique niche but the web page looks almost to busy , some the products titles are way to close and it makes it hard to read, also

@Nick_Hameury wrote:
HELP!

I'VE MADE JUST 1 SALE...

Thanks in advance!

wondering if your page is being found easy because looks like a lot of your categories are made up words ? i mean i kinda understand them but honestly your page looks to overwhelming to me , its kinda confusing . maybe make it a little more simple and easy to navigate?

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 0

Love the site!  What suppliers do you use for your site?

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

All kinds of suppliers, usually SMB and usually USA. But I got other suppliers too.

0 Likes