Rhonda_Todd
Tourist
12 0 1

Nice! How are FB & Instagram?

0 Likes
Clifford_Decker
Tourist
13 0 1

I think Fb ads is best for getting more traffic.

0 Likes
Katelyn
5 0 0

I was recently introduced to a website that handles advertising on a number of different social media spaces for a very low cost. Check out StoryLift -- www.storylift.com -- you create one ad that will get dispersed through several different social media outlets and in front of the eyes of who your target audience is. It's pretty easy to use too.

0 Likes
Shelley_Wardwel
Excursionist
34 0 4

I don't have a lot of time or money to spend on promotions.  I just started using Outfy and so far I'm impressed.  I had to email them to answer a question on how to put a multiple picture collection together and they were prompt in responding.  There is a lot of ability to automatically broadcast to multiple social media sites such as Pinterest, Facebook, etc.  and you can set timing and recurrence for posting as well.  Pretty good, pretty quick and I think it's reasonable.  Would not spend money on Google.  I've had eCommerce sites since 2006 and unless I am within the top 5 on Google I generally get more traffic by far from Pinterest than any other source but it really takes some time finding good group boards to pin to so that part is a bit time consuming. Also, knowing what your keywords are (i.e. doing the research for number of searches, competing pages etc.) is very important as is optimizing your site for them.

0 Likes
justin_me
2 0 0

I just launched only 1.5 months ago. As such, I have 0 visits and no sales.

That's not completely unexpected, nothing happens quickly in business. The fact that you have 0 visits means to me that you are doing no paid advertising, which is ok. It will take time to build organic traffic through social and content marketing only. I wouldn't expect to see much traffic for 3-6 months as search engines start to realize you exist and you build a real engaged audience.

I have Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook accounts.  Here is my issue: I have limited time (I have a full time job).  It is a ton of work updating each of these accounts. Also, I just do not enjoy spending hours updating social media sites.  I have installed Kit.  However, it is not able to help with these types of things.

You either need to hire somebody or suck it up. You can automate your social media posts, but you still need to create/find the content and engage with your audience. None of the tools out there will do the work for you.

0 Likes
Mary_Spinelli
Excursionist
12 0 5

Hootsuite is a BIG time saver for us! We can preschedule posts for each day on one platform and it posts to our multiple social media platforms. Love it. 

0 Likes
Dan38
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

I agree with Justin_Me. The truth is, social media is one of the best marketing tools that any online business can use because they're all free. Not only that, social media helps build bridges with existing and potential customers. It helps build up the trustworthiness of your brand and business.

Social media has helped drive sales with my brand and business in many ways, I also work full time so I feel your pain, but the harsh truth is, social media plays a huge part in building not only traffic and sales, but trustworthiness with your brand. There are plenty of apps/websites that can help you schedule posts and build up your social media traffic. So my advice is, use social media, even if you hate it, your online business will not work in the 21st century without it unless you carry on paying for advertising.

0 Likes
Vee
Tourist
9 0 3

I use Outfy too and I wouldn't know what to do without them. We have had this app in the shop since we moved to Shopify a few years ago. I am not connected with Outfy, just a very happy customer. The app is fantastic and the support is outstanding! We use it to promote our products.

We tried Pollen, didn't work for us and was expensive. We sell one of a kind products, so it might work for shops that have multiples of the same products.

For more editorial/lifestyle posts we use Later (they have a free version that works well).

All the best!

0 Likes
Jesus_Harringt1
5 0 0

Google ad is the best ever.

0 Likes
Ken_Brooks1
4 0 0

Google ad is not a permanent solution for getting sales. If you Do perfect SEO for your website and get rank in Google this is the best way for life time.

0 Likes