Top strategies to increase organic traffic to your online store

6 0 0

Hi all,

We all know that organic traffic is the best traffic type to your online store because not only it's giving you the most targeted visitors because people are actively searching for your products on the web but they also don't cost you money per visitor that you get like running an Ad campaigns.

So what are you guys doing to increase this traffic source to your website?  I have 3 but would like to hear more from what's working for you and what's not:

1.  Increase my store ranking in Google and Bing for my product's keywords (unlimited free traffic)

2.  Funnel my loyal customers from marketplace like Amazon and Ebay to my website (limited traffic)

3.  Provide referral discounts to existing customers to attract new customers (limited traffic and still cost me some money)

Would love to hear what's working well for you! :)

Find Profitable SEO Keywords for your Online Products at RankBrain.me
0 Likes
Excursionist
128 0 10

Hi Vincent,

Leon from the Marking community here, Just a very quick  question on how you came the conclusion that organic traffic was the best way ?

" We all know that organic traffic is the best traffic type to your online store "

" don't cost you money per visitor "

Just to help here " free is often abused in marketing"

"number 1 in the search or paid  dose not equal sales if the site is poor or dose not add value

so one would focus on people that i can target and  re-target based on paid traffic to  speed up and not have wait for a person to click though an article and loose if they never purchased

We should also add your time to market and promote your site is not for free.

(other ways to promote your side)

Email Marketing, Telling a friend, competitions, incentive, existing clients, indirect clients, upsell

One could list lots of ways but it’s merely up to you and how fast you would like a return on investment  to funnel that back in your marking strategy .

Follow what works from your competitors and not to sit back and wait for organic as somebody will have  ppc campaign around the corner to wipe you out the market.

Not every site is the same for a marketing so this will differ for the marketing strategy

We have helped over 500 Shopify store clients worldwide this year with marketing and strategies, improving sales and conversions. Contact us if you wish to have the same professional business experience
0 Likes
6 0 0

Leon,

I didn't say organic traffic was the best "way", but I said it's the best traffic "type".  I already stated the reason for why it's the best traffic type:

- It's the most targeted traffic channel

- No cost upfront to even get your first visitor.  Imagine paying $20 - $50 to get hundreds of visitors from Ad campaign like Facebook without getting anyone making a purchase.  How do you like to pay first before you can see someone even paying?

- Organic traffic is a long term strategy because once you rank high organically, it's hard for competitors to un-sit you.

- Yes someone can run a PPC campaign but their risk is having millions of bots clicking on it and not converting.  Even if they gets conversion, they'll run out of budget pretty soon while your organic juice keeps flowing.  PPC campaign is good for quick short results, but requires you to have a deep pocket.  It's not a long term strategy.

All the things you say about having a nice design websites and other things are irrelevant because we're assuming that everything else to be held equal and just comparing on the traffic types.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Excursionist
128 0 10

Hi Vincent

One only comment here because paid traffic works as we  can see this with  Facebook and Google “ if used correctly”

Just too highlight this

1) Visitors do not purchase on the first click to a site (they compare)

2) sending a visitor through a funnel works better (adding VALUE)

3) mobile is increasing as this woud be something to look at , see the new  mobile  text to order app that  Shopfy has if you have not used it

Use paid trafic to get people in to  your funnel and upsel in the backend to offset the cost of the marketing

We have helped over 500 Shopify store clients worldwide this year with marketing and strategies, improving sales and conversions. Contact us if you wish to have the same professional business experience
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
143 0 12

Hi Guys!

Many of the Shopify merchants we work with use 4 techniques to drive sales, some are free and some are not but it is a complete marketing plan of attack. 

1) PPC - use pay per click advertising to bring in new buyers

2) Email Marketing - keep your subscribers up to date with new products and special sales.

3) Social Media - used to build your brand and grow followers.

4)Remarketing - use display ads to follow customers after they leave your site and remind them to come back. (most users don't buy on the first visits) Also very important because if a new potential customer comes across your site with social media, they may not remember how to get back to it. Remarketing will bring them back.

#4 may be the most important because many times people don't buy on the first visit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try Our Free Shopping App Today and Get Buyers To Your Store Free.  3 EASY CLICKS and your product listings can be uploaded and listed FREE on FinditQuick! NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED! Get your products in front of 30 million monthly active and engaged customers on FinditQuick. Try It Today! http://apps.shopify.com/finditquick

Try Our Free Shopping App Today and Get Buyers To Your Store Free. http://apps.shopify.com/finditquick 3 EASY CLICKS and your product listings can be uploaded and listed FREE on FinditQuick! NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED! Get your products in front of 30 million monthly active and engaged customers on FinditQuick. Try It Today! http://apps.shopify.com/finditquick
1 Like
Excursionist
128 0 10

Good points

0 Likes
1 0 0

Surely building organic traffic and loyal customers go a long way in establishing a brand from scratch

www.ethnicfashionista.com
0 Likes
Tourist
58 0 1

Good commets guys keep it up

0 Likes
1 0 0

Agree with this guy

Also I try to analyze seo tactics because my goal is to get up up and up in google and bing.

For this purpose I check my websites at these sources:

1) to find out is my site friendly to seo: http://www.seostrtup.com

2) checking amount of backlinks, checking DA etc.: http://www.checkpagerank.com

Hope this helps to someone!

0 Likes
6 0 0

FinditQuick,

I like "re-targeting" strategy that you laid out. It's indeed very effective because once a visitor lands on your page, he/she has some buy intention already.  Just need to find out why he/she did not buy and give it a little push.

Quick question about Shopify Partnership because I see you're a partner. I want to become a Shopify partner but it looks like Shopify only allows app that directly integrate with Shopify and not a stand-alone app.  Is that true?

Thanks!

0 Likes