Track who is adding new email subscribers

Highlighted
4 0 0

I'm trying to determine how many of our email subscribers are organic vs manually added by our customer service person. We use mailchimp. Does anyone know of a way to do this beside clicking into each contact individually?

organic to me means the customer adds their email at check, or our pop up window or when they create an account. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 2

If it's part of the customer record, you should be able to export the list and see it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
734 39 123

Hi, Jessie. Tira here, a Shopify Guru ready to help!

Mailchimp has a great guide here on how to identify your subscribers by signup source, so that you can find out exactly how your customers signed up (through your marketing pop-up, through the Mailchimp for Shopify app, etc.).

Thanks for your input, Mika! As Mika mentioned, you could look into exporting your customer list. Mailchimp has their own guide on how to do that. If you have any specific questions on this, you can reach out to Mailchimp support here: https://mailchimp.com/contact/ for help.

I would also recommend viewing the Customers list right in the Shopify admin and using the Filter tool, to sort by customers who accept marketing and by their account status. You can learn more about this here in our help doc on customer filtering.

Let me know how that goes for you!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes