Twitter Buy Now Integration

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

I just noticed that this feature is now available, but I also saw that none of our products are available because of an error:

"This product contains banned words"

Any ideas why this would be?

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
159 0 21

Hey Tristan,

There is a workaround for this error at the moment - when you click to Tweet a product and get this error, you will see a box that looks like this. You can click 'My product does not contain banned words' (as long as the product and words do not violate Twitter's Ad Policies) and you will be able to tweet the product :) 

-Danielle 

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

All I'm getting is "Try Again"... the "It Does Not..." isn't even an option. :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey Danielle,

Ive also figured out how to get around this, but am still havnig issues... my tweets are being posted with a link but no image or buy now button.

Please advise.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Is this feature only available in the US? Twitter is by far my biggest social referer so I could use this but I am un the UK. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Near as I can tell the word "angel" is banned. Every one of my angel pendants, angle cards, and angel art prints gets the banned words message and "angel" is the only word they all have in common.

Is there a list of what words are banned?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

I'd also like to see a list, I can't find one anywhere and I have 90% of my products getting the "banned words" error. How in the world are we supposed to know what words we can't use, if there isn't a list of banned words???

Blessings

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

This has happened to us at our new Shopify retail site, FULL-RACK.com.

The best way to fix it is to keep cutting and pasting out all your banal sentences 1 by 1 to try and find the offensive needle in naughty haystack.

1. One of our shelves has Packaging Dimensions: 43.31" x 19.69" x 4.33."
    I unbanned it by rounding "19.69" to "19.7" inches. 
  2. Our metal shoe racks have bars to hold shoes in place. I unbanned them by changing it the description to read "rod" instead of "bar"

FULL-RACK LADY SAYS:

"I shudder to think what would happen if I child were to read about industrial shelving described using the foul language such as: "19.69." And what kind of twisted individual would submlinally promote drinking at a bar by hiding that word in their product descriptions?  

FULL RACK LADY SAYS: HI!
1 Like