Tying recurring payments and recurring referrals together

Highlighted
1 0 0

For a virtual product (nothing shipped) can anyone recommend an ecommece solution (with recurring payments option - yearly) and an affiliate option that pays upfront commissions and commissions on yearly renewals?  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 3 66

Hi, Steven! 

Lisa here from the Shopify guru team. 

Happy to give you some suggestions for possible solutions for recurring payments and recurring referrals. I hope I understand what you are wanting! 

First, if you're not using it already, for selling virtual products the free app made by Shopify called Digital Downloads. Here's more information on selling digital downloads in your store.

If you're looking to pay your affiliates upfront, take a look at Refersion Affiliate Tracking. This program will track the sales your affiliates are generating, and calculate their commissions. The commissions can be paid directly to their accounts via PayPal! You could set a unique campaign for a yearly subscription virtual product. When your affiliates share this specific link, they will get their commission when the customer signs up for a yearly subscription. I suspect if the order reprocesses a year later, because it has the same tracking it may repay the affiliate again if you do not set the link to expire. You may want to email helpme@refersion.com to double check this is the case or give them a call on 917-463-3395. 

For a recurring virtual product subscription, check out Charge Rabbit. This app that integrates into Shopify, is commonly used for stores that sell digital magazine subscriptions, sell digital video subscriptions and charge for ongoing access to files. 

Please let me know if this is not what you were after!

Best 

- Lisa 

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes