Unique Title Tag for Product Page within Different Collections

jbigger
1 0 0

I have the same product in 2 collections (men and women).

Is there a way to have a meta title like "Men's Product" and "Women's Product" for each unique URL?

It appears no, but I want to see if I'm missing something. New to Shopify so still learning the ins and outs. And are there any potential workarounds for this? Thank you!

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
386 47 69

Hey there, @jbigger!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome, and thanks for posting! 

You're correct, there isn't a way to create two separate URLs for the two collections. The reason for this is because each unique handle is associated to each individual product. You can learn more about this in our product CSV guide, but you can also find the handle at the bottom of the product page under Search engine listing preview by clicking Edit website SEO:

12-20-rtcpy-9mqko

The only workaround to accomplishing this is if you duplicate a product, which can be done at the top of the product page by clicking the Duplicate button:

12-22-ezolm-7tsqn

If you decide on this approach, you can make the necessary changes to the title and the URL handle at the bottom of both product pages, and ensure your each product is sorted into the correct collection. If you're using manual collections, you'll want to manually add them to the appropriate collection. You can do this either on the right hand side of the product page by searching the collection, or in the manually collection itself by searching the correct product. If your collections are automatic, you'll want to make sure each individual product meets the correct conditions to sort automatically.

I hope this helps to answer your question! Please let me know if there's anything I can elaborate on.

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes