Using ebay reviews on my site???

Highlighted
Excursionist
97 0 8

Is it possible and legal to use ebay reviews on my site? I have very good rewies on ebay and only few on my site.

Did otehr people do this and how?

It would be a great way......

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
97 1 21

Hey there! 

I'm Zuzanna, a Guru here at Shopify, and I would be happy to help you out today :)

You can totally use reviews you get from eBay on the products you showcase on your Shopify store! The best way to do that would be to use an app where you can import reviews into. For example, if you use the Product Reviews app, within the app settings, there is the option to import reviews through a CSV file. This means that you can take all the reviews for products that you get on eBady, format them into a CSV file using our guide here, and import them! 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to our support team here

Have a great one,
Zuzanna

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
97 0 8

Thank you so much! I thought that this may be illegal!  But if there's even an app that is probably not illegal. That would be a good strategy for others getting sales on their site- is it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Zuzanna,

useful tip, problem is eBay does not export the feedback COMMENT. It only exports the rating (positive, neutral or negative) and if the comment was left, or not. You can gather this export only by exporting “all sales orders”.

Any other idea on how to get some eBay feedback/ratings - trust on our Shopify stores? We have over 20K feedback on 3 eBay business stores... and would like to share a little of this excellent ratings. We sell one-of-a-kind products, therefore Customer Reviews apps are not very useful for us. We would need something more close to “shop reviews” or “customer experience”.

Regards,

Marco

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

Opinew Product Reviews app imports ebay reviews (alongside Amazon and Ebay). Takes 1 click to import (Disclaimer: I am the owner of Opinew)

Some of the things you should know:

• After you import the reviews will sync automatically
  • We’re crazy about optimizing the app for fast load times. We aim to affect your page speed as little as possible. Some of the other apps can have ~10s load times if you import a lot of reviews . Really bad for your SEO since the search engines discriminate the slow sites.
  • Customization. You can adjust the app’s color schemes etc.
  • Translation. You can translate the reviews to any language. If the automatic translator didn’t work you can edit it by yourself.
  • Free Theme support. If the app doesn’t look perfect in your store we can move it around for you, change the margins etc.
  • 24/7 Support. You’ll get a reply instantly via our live chat or within a few hours via email, even on a weekend.
  • 7 day free trial
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
54 1 7

Hey Marco,

This should not be a problem.

Have you tried out the Kudobuzz Reviews App yet? It collects both product and business reviews (what you referred to as "shop reviews). You can get quick support here for further enquiries.

All the best,

Naana.

0 Likes