Very low conversion rate. How do we fix it?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi, 

So much great information here already. Thank you!

We launched our store exactly a month ago. We have anywhere between 50 and 150 visitors a day, depnding on how much advertising we do on a particular day. We've had several unique sales from people we don't know, but our conversion rate is only at 0.2%.

I would appreciate any input you may have on how to improve our conversion rate.

I realize the conversion rate may also have to do with the product itself or the price ranges. So if anyone has input about that, please do include it!

Our store is www.princie.com

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
Tourist
37 0 1

Maybe need an ads expert or marketing expert to help you out.

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hey Lior,

The poor conversion rate could be as a result of the traffic that's coming to your site. Where are you at present driving traffic to your store?

If it's through ads might be worth tweaking it on the basis of the demographic info of the people who have already bought from your store and target more of the same crowd.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1056 0 108

Hi Lior! Maggie, a Shopify Partner here :)

Your website looks great, and your products look awesome. With well optimized stores that have decent amount of traffic, the problem with a conversion is often to do with a traffic not being relevant to your niche [you might be getting traffic in terms of numbers, but the visitors coming are not actively looking to purchase your products]. That’s why it’s so important to focus on driving more relevant and organic traffic, instead of just aiming to get any traffic.

Please check this article: 8 Easy Ways to Boost Your Sales by 40% {Conversion Rate Optimization for Beginners] and also watch this video: ❗Stop Believing in Overnight Success!❗

Looking to get more converting traffic? Invest in a bestselling SEO Monthly Starter package today!

Maggie Tuczapska

Ecommerce Expert at Rock Paper Copy

http://www.rockpapercopy.com

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

Get SEO Package for $100 per month!

Create a Shopify Store today! #ad

Learn How to Set up a Shopify Store. Join our Shopify Training Course today: http://bit.ly/ShopifytrainingSEO
0 Likes
13 0 0

Hi there,

Your site looks great! Congratulations on the launch of your store. When you’re first starting out on your ecommerce journey, it can be a bit frustrating to navigate the ins and outs of what works and what doesn’t when it comes to making sales.

Here are some tips to help make your journey a bit easier:  

Get to know your demographic

Remember that traffic does not necessarily equal sales! If you are seeing a lot of traffic but no sales to reflect that traffic, there is a good chance that you are marketing to the wrong audience. Nailing down your target audience may seem easy enough, but it is not always so black and white. If you find you’re having trouble narrowing down your demographic, Shopify apps like Pollen (https://apps.shopify.com/poln) can do the hard work for you.

Focus on your ad design and monitor performance

Consider your ads a business card for your store. Your ads are one of the most powerful tools you have for driving sales - don’t let them go by the wayside! Figure out what kind of ad will appeal most to your target audience and design ads that will appeal to them directly. Your ads should be a positive reflection of your brand.

Make sure to experiment with the format of your ads for maximum optimization. Test different layouts, types of ads (video, image, etc), times, and placements. Make note of what works and what doesn’t. Remember, the first ad you create is likely not the most optimal.

Get some marketing help

As I mentioned before, apps like Pollen (https://apps.shopify.com/poln) are great for helping you market effectively and driving your sales. This app enables you to acquire customers on Facebook and across the web simply and cost effectively. Through powerful automation, Pollen offers an easy-to-use marketing platform that’s sole expertise is in driving sales. It takes as little as 2 minutes to set up a campaign. Pollen takes care of the rest. It’s as simple as that! Time is money, so start your free 7 day trial today!  

Hopefully this helps! Good luck and Happy Marketing!

0 Likes
14 0 0

Hi there,

Your site looks great! Congratulations on the launch of your store. When you’re first starting out on your ecommerce journey, it can be a bit frustrating to navigate the ins and outs of what works and what doesn’t when it comes to making sales.

Here are some tips to help make your journey a bit easier:  

Get to know your demographic

Remember that traffic does not necessarily equal sales! If you are seeing a lot of traffic but no sales to reflect that traffic, there is a good chance that you are marketing to the wrong audience. Nailing down your target audience may seem easy enough, but it is not always so black and white. If you find you’re having trouble narrowing down your demographic, Shopify apps like Pollen (https://apps.shopify.com/poln) can do the hard work for you.

Focus on your ad design and monitor performance

Consider your ads a business card for your store. Your ads are one of the most powerful tools you have for driving sales - don’t let them go by the wayside! Figure out what kind of ad will appeal most to your target audience and design ads that will appeal to them directly. Your ads should be a positive reflection of your brand.

Make sure to experiment with the format of your ads for maximum optimization. Test different layouts, types of ads (video, image, etc), times, and placements. Make note of what works and what doesn’t. Remember, the first ad you create is likely not the most optimal.

Get some marketing help

As I mentioned before, apps like Pollen (https://apps.shopify.com/poln) are great for helping you market effectively and driving your sales. This app enables you to acquire customers on Facebook and across the web simply and cost effectively. Through powerful automation, Pollen offers an easy-to-use marketing platform that’s sole expertise is in driving sales. It takes as little as 2 minutes to set up a campaign. Pollen takes care of the rest. It’s as simple as that! Time is money, so start your free 7 day trial today!  

Hopefully this helps! Good luck and Happy Marketing!

0 Likes
30 0 0

the poor conversion rate has absolutely to do everything with your site.
Your site IS BAD now lets break it down...

1) you send people from an ad to site correct? before even go into the page and read about the item a beeketing app pop which 1 drive them away so this HURT you more than you realize
2) your descriptions SUCK you don't give people a reason to buy
3) no trust or scarcity
4) the Call to Action is small and it doesn't stand out, on top the colors are not good
5) your cart page is unoptimized (which in mobile is toooooo bad, i mean to go to checkout page you need to scroll all the way to the bottom)
6) the checkout page is trully unoptimized, no trust or scarcity 
7) there are no conversion boosters on the site
so far we know you send people but for some reason they abandon the site,
maybe product page or cart page or checkout page correct?
so you need exit intent on checkout and all the other pages, the number 1 issue of a store owner is 
Lots of visits --> less sales
Lots of carts --> less Sales
Losts of Checkouts --> less Sales 

so i create a custom app supersalesbooster.com that solves those issues,
imagine someone visit your site and try to leave, the you hit them with a coupon offer and when the click the button to get the discount you redirect them to checkout and apply the coupon!
 or they are in cart page and they try to leave then you BOOM a coupon pop on exit intent and redirect them to checkout and apply the coupon.

you can find more here supersalesbooster.com

Boost Your Shopify Sales With Supersalesbooster.com
0 Likes
30 0 0

the problem lies into your website and overall strategy
i visit your site and lets say i come from an ad, before i even land in the product something pop
(bekeeting app), and i didn't even have seen the product yet.

2) your product descriptions are toooooo poor
3) there is no trust factor
4) there is no scarcity factor
5) the CTA is not stand out
6) the cart page is super unoptimized (your most important button is hidden from the discount button, and is the last button on mobile which is really hard to go from cart to checkout, plus the other buttons should be hidden, only 1 option should be there and that is to move forward
7) the checkout page is unoptimized as well no trust or scarcity
8) the settings are not good since you have someone to create an account
9) review app
10) good follow up sequence as well 

you don't have strategy to convert people that are about to leave your site
and the most comon problem to a store owner is
Lots visits --> less sales
Lots carts--> less sales
Lots initiate checkouts--> less sales

Sound familiar?
thats why i create super sales booster app that minimize this and convert visitors on the spot
at any stage of your site they are....

but apart of supersalesbooster.com app you need to work on the other stuff as well
i have team in place if you need to discuss a project at GREAT rates (contact us mobilebeastclub@gmail.com) especially if you are not familiar with code coz at the end of the day even with all the traffic in the world it wont help you if you cannot convert them.

Boost Your Shopify Sales With Supersalesbooster.com
0 Likes
Tourist
41 0 1

Hey Lior! Very cool store. My girlfriend would love this stuff.

Your question about advertising to grow sales is a smart one. Wanted to add my $0.02:

The most significant evolution of advertising is the concretization of the purchase funnel in the digital era. Before digital performance marketing emerged, an effective ad was measured based on what people said through surveys and focus groups, churning out top of the funnel metrics like ad awareness, ad perception and ad retention scores.

Think of it this way:

The old way: Research, think a lot, execute. 

The new way: Think with agility, test a lot, optimize.

But one thing that doesn't change, whether you run performance or traditional marketing, is that your ad has to look good. Modern images and graphics are so aesthetically rich that digital consumers have been spoiled for high quality creative. Your goal is to get various formats of high-quality creative of your products (product, lifestyle, videos) and test every single one of them.

Anyhoo, we wrote a useful post about these kinds of ad creative tips, if you want to read more:

https://bit.ly/2qlGIJC

Hope those insights help! Keep it up…

CEO of Metric Digital @ www.metricdigital.com
0 Likes
Tourist
15 0 1

Hi Lior,

Great question! Improving your conversion rate should always be at the forefront of your mind. In my experience, when traffic fails to translate to conversions, it is often an issue with targeting. Your site looks great, but even with a fantastic site and quality products, you won’t see any sales if the wrong people are viewing your ads. For this reason, it is really important that you have a good grasp on who it is you’re trying to sell your products to.

Sometimes narrowing down your demographic is easier said than done. It may take a bit of time, but once you figure it out, you will see an increase in your conversion rate. Remember, your ads must appeal directly to your target demographic.

How are you targeting your customer base? Are you doing so manually or through lookalike audiences? Often times, building an audience manually can be tricky and you may not be doing it correctly. I’d like to recommend one of Shopify’s awesome machine learning apps called Pollen (https://apps.shopify.com/poln) to help cut through the ambiguity and confusion. Pollen specializes in making sure your ads are being seen by the right people. Their app enables you to acquire customers on Facebook and across the web simply and cost effectively. Through powerful automation, Pollen offers an easy-to-use marketing platform that’s sole expertise is in driving sales.

Hopefully this helps you out! Best of luck to you and your shop!

0 Likes