Wanted: Constructive Feedback on Store

Solved
tar5410
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi All, I would love to get some constructive feedback on reunitedmerch.com 

1. Does it appear professional and credible?
  2. Would you buy from us?
  3. We went live on July 1/21 and despite having done all the right things with GSC (ie. submitted sitemap, site verification, added Google Analytics, requesting specific pages for crawling, etc.) we are still waiting to be indexed by Google - any suggestions on on this issue would also be appreciated

Thanks.

0 Likes
puneet_unbundl
Excursionist
34 3 9

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,

To be honest your website lacks certain credibility. You talk about Giving back and working with NGOs. There are no details for such activities. 

The message to your reunited america is not clear and might resonate withe customers.

Lastly, it might take some time for Google to index your website. One of website got indexed after 21 days. You can create social media profiles, GMB Page. Share link with your friends and family and ask them to open it. Also you can run some ads, to drive traffic on your website. 

0 Likes
communityuser1
Excursionist
8 2 0

Hi, @tar5410 thanks for posting here I just see your store completely and it looks like a basic clothing store and there are some apps missing like live chat apps for customers as well as there isn't any currency converter on your website plus store home page is not looking much detailing as upon the standard.
5 things your store homepage must have :
1: Best Sellers Section
2: Collections List 
3: Proper Customer Reviews 
4: Brand/Store Introduction
5: Newsletter Form 
This is Shopifier_01 an official Shopify partner and a marketing expert as well as I am certified and experienced in professional Shopify store development too so if you need any type of professional help I am always available to help you with guaranteed results please feel free to get in touch. Thanks and Best Regards 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Need a dropshipping expert or wants to alive your dead dropshipping store?
Do you need custom changes on the store or want a complete speed optimization? Hire me.
Feel free to contact me at yourshopifydeveloper@gmail.com
0 Likes

Hi @tar5410!

First of all, congrats on getting your store up and live! It's often challenging to feel 'ready'.

Now, for the constructive feedback:

1. Your store is missing a 'narrative'. Your About Us page starts explaining what your brand stands for, but as a shopper, I'd like to know more. I would also like to know this when I land on the home page, not when I go looking for an origin story. "Americans need to come together to end divisiveness, polarization and reunite as a nation." is a great belief, and perhaps you can find a way to incorporate this into your home page?  I would find that a lot more appealing than "Spread the message. Buy the tee!". Alternatively, you could move the "Our merch is an artistic plea for all of us, as a nation, to reunite." statement to the first fold of your home page?

2. Your navigation labels are a little confusing. It took me some exploring to realize that ReUnited States and United State of Mind were collection pages, and not pages for more information. Perhaps you could combine them under a "Shop" link on the nav bar with two sub-links?

3. For added credibility, you could consider listing out names and perhaps details of non-partisan, non-profit organizations and programs that ReUnited will be donating to?

4. Adding social media profiles, any customer reviews, live help chat, or social proof will also help with credibility. I highly would recommend adding an app that lets customers leave reviews, and also following up with customers for the same AND an app that lets customers contact you through a live chat option.

5. You are using the same image 3x on your home page. While it looks great, I'd suggest switching it up.

6. Going back to my first point here— your store lacks a narrative or a journey to go on, as a shopper. Your collections page have great products, but at the same time, not much stands out. I'm not being guided anywhere, and it's a long list of products without any sort of journey (think of walking into a retail store where there are many racks, but nothing is labeled, and there are no mannequins highlighting or featuring products that attract me?). This also adds to a lack of information being communicated. Like, on your home page, when I see the New Jersey t-shirt next to products labeled with colors, without clicking on the t-shirt, I'd assume that it is ONLY available in grey. To add a narrative, I'd recommend using a badges app (like ModeMagic) that lets you highlight key features of the product on the image itself.

7. Have you considered renaming the "United States of Mind" collection to "Rep Your State"? As a shopper, it would help guide me to the product I want much more easily!

PS: What a great idea to be bridging divides and promoting unity! Go you!

- Rish

Building communities @ ModeMagic and Mason!

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know.
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution.
0 Likes
tar5410
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Rish,

Thank you so much for the fantastic feedback! This is exactly the type of suggestions that I was hoping for and I will get started on making these changes today.

I appreciate that you took the time to respond so thoroughly.

tar5410
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you so much for your honest feedback and great suggestions.

0 Likes
tar5410
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you so much for your response and suggestions. I'm working on making some changes and enhancements now.

0 Likes