Way to offer tiered discount promo?

Tourist
8 0 2

I'd like to offer my customers a tiered discount promo.  For example:

Spend $50, get $10 off

Spend $100, get $25 off

Spend $200, get $60 off

I would like to do this with one discount code instead of creating three discount codes.  Any recommendations for apps?  

1 Like
2 0 0

Hello Ms. Verardo...

Have you attempted to use https://apps.shopify.com/bulk-discounts ?

Without knowing the number of custmers you have in your 'purchased' product group, we would like to suggest that coupons do more to dilute the value proposition of a brand, then create product sales.

Having said that, in this new world of eRetialing it's important to know which of your customers are driven to buy with Coupons... because of a perceived discount.

Have you considered a Blackfriday Event to drive traffic ?  A campaign through social media ?

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Unfortunately this requirement has been presented in 2013 and 2014 and to-date there doesn't appear to be an App for "A single Mutli tier discount on dollar amount in the shopping cart."

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 47

Hi Sarah,

My name is Anne, on the Guru team. Thanks so much for getting in touch with us here on the forums!

There is a tiered pricing app from the app store called Quantity Breaks - Tiered Pricing & Bulk Discounts which you can find here- https://apps.shopify.com/quantity-breaks

You can read see how the app works and reallife reviews, try a 30 day free trial, and also contact the app developer by clicking on Get Support in the app store to confirm it gives you what you require :)

I hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Anne :)

0 Likes
Excursionist
56 0 6

I cannot believe Shopify is still not enabling quantity discounts. It's a huge problem for us, as we're constantly having problems with the AWFUL add-on app from the app store. It does not work properly because it creates extra variants and then allows customers to order products even when they go out of stock.

Please may Shopify state their position on this? Are you developing a solution?

We are genuinely considering leaving Shopify solely because we cannot handle the amount of errors created and subsequent customer service follow ups require due to the horrible quantity discount app

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 47

Hi JE,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this app! Right now this feature is not available from Shopify directly and I don't have any indication that this is going to change for the time being, though of course we wish we could bring in everything our merchants want to see on their stores!

If you are finding that this application is creating issues for your store, I would actually recommend getting in touch with the app developer Bold to confirm that it is working correctly in your store, and someone from our apps team is monitoring your feedback and will intervene if there is no response.

Another option is to contact a Shopify expert developer who may be able to help you create a custom solution- https://experts.shopify.com/developers

Thanks JE

Warm regards,

Anne 

0 Likes
Excursionist
12 0 8

Anne - 

I've gotten mixed responses from shopify saying that this will or will not be a feature and it is either happening soon | down the road | never.

It is a basic e-comm feature and one that is shockingly absent from the platform. It's just simple math and logic. An additional 16 per month just to add this in is a ridiculous position.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1
Hi Sarah... Just wondering if you tried Quantity Breaks - Tiered Pricing & Bulk Discounts that was suggested and was wondering if you have an opinion. Thanks
0 Likes

I tried Quantity Breaks from Bold and it does not work.  It can only be done based on quantity purchased, not dollar amount spent.  

Shopify, please advise.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi everyone

Did anyone ever find a way around this, or find an app that allows you to do it?

Can't believe this isn't standard functionality to be honest!

Cheers

0 Likes