What Country to Target

Highlighted
8 0 0

I've been doing research and narrowing my target market, and it resulted to this 2 countries. Singapore and Hong kong. Which do you think of the 2 countries is best to target for my type of niche? You can take a look at my niche at www.cyberperx.com. I would appreciate for some feedback, Thank you.

P.S.

Reason why I need to target only one country is because you can only target one country at a time with KIT, and I need a target country to start with. Though I will still be advertisinf using FB and Adwords.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2694 191 427

Hi there, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

This is a really good question. Finding out which countries to target to for your product is something only you can really figure out and know. A good way of figuring this out is by writing a business plan. Business plan's can be daunting but they really shouldn't be and are invaluable to you, even for just answering questions to yourself about your business/ online store. 

The content team at Shopify has written some blog posts with some business plan samples and guides on how to write one which you can see here and here

Another great way to help you figure out who best to target is through Facebook ads and specifically the 3x3x3 method. The 3x3x3 method is when you create 3 different sets of Facebook ads, with 3 different sets of audiences (or countries in your instance) and 3 different sets of copy/ images with a similar budget. You'll see after time some ads performing better than others and here you can remove the ads not doing so well and increase the budget on the ads doing better. This will help you find and define the best markets for you moving forward. There are some great guides on this method one of which you can find here

Regarding Kit, the Kit team does weekly webinars which you might find useful to learn how to best utilize it for ads and finding the best market to target also. You can sign up for a webinar with Kit here

Hope this helps and gives you some direction with this moving forward. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes