What are your best Tips for Social Media Marketing?

Therese_Pollett
Tourist
10 0 1
We are using a blog, Pinterest, and Facebook. How do you capture interest in the competitive world of social media?
Lynnea_Lang
1 0 1
Twitter. I love your store!
luke_morgan1
Excursionist
35 0 5
Hey I've recently delved into this world and have been reading a bit about it. I think the most important thing to do is to have fun with it. I love interacting with my facebook audience and as a bonus I think it's adding to the value of my brand. To attract people in the first place you only need to do one thing – post interesting content. I found this post to be quite humours and informative on the matter: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/facebook_likes Also facebook advertising is pretty amazing for generating interest – if used properly.
Therese_Pollett
Tourist
10 0 1
Thank you both for your responses! We really appreciate it. (And I know someone who needs a Zombtee)
0 Likes
Suzy_Allman
Explorer
56 0 25
We went from 50 Facebook followers to over 3,000 in the last three months, and the way we did it was NOT to sell. We post interesting content to our target market (animal lovers and animal rescue folk), and we (hopefully!) keep a nice mix of inspiration, information, and sharing, with an emotional overtone as well. Therese, from the look of your shop, you could have some great boards on Pinterest: one is maybe color-themed, then a party inspiration board, then a board about your designer, maybe one about interesting workspaces, and one that's a collection of party paper goods that are used in ways OTHER than at a party (crafts etc). Actually you could build an eviable Pinterest presence because you're tailor-made for it! You're lucky because the sky's the limit for you guys. On the other hand, Facebook would require you to "like" a lot of other pages, and then interact with them regularly, share, repost, etc. Infographics get shared A LOT so maybe your designer could make an interesting one about parties (make sure you whack your logo on it because you want it to travel with the "shares"). My argument would be, keep it interesting, every day, and you will slowly build a fan base. (Make sure there's a big link and icon to your Pinterest page on your Facebook page, because I think that's where your customers will most likely come from, because your products are so "visual".) We learned not to "sell" on Facebook too much. 10% of our posts are about our product. The rest is meant to engage.
Publisher
Tourist
50 0 3
Suzy, very cool answer. The secret definitely is in providing massive value. People follow information and value, especially if it is relevant and free. My shop by the way is http://www.jessicabrightheart.com
0 Likes
Swann_Vichot
16 0 0

Thanks for the advice Suzy - I’ve been promoting my products a lot on Facebook but your approach seems interesting! I’m going to try it out :)

0 Likes
Alvinl
Tourist
26 0 3

nice website you got there Therese!

Yes I agree with Suzy that the best way to sell on Facebook is not to sell. Facebook is about creating a personality and showing that there are real and genuine people behind your company who speak with an authentic voice. 

For instance, you can check out the Walmart and Target Facebook pages, although these are the very definition of giant multi-national corporations they come across as pretty folksy and personal. Other good ones to check out are Converse and Vans Sneakers, they have very cool pages. My favourite could well be Mophie's Facebook page (they sell iphone battery pack cases), I think they hit the right tone for a Facebook page that remains interesting and informative without being overly salesy.

lead singer, www.referralcandy.com
0 Likes
Therese_Pollett
Tourist
10 0 1

Thanks Suzy--great advice!!!

0 Likes
Therese_Pollett
Tourist
10 0 1

Alvinl--thanks! I will definitely check out those Facebook pages!

0 Likes