What are your best Tips for Social Media Marketing?

Alek_Mackie
8 0 0

Therese!  What a cute site!  You two certainly have an eye (er, eyes) for colour palettes! :)

Everyone above has given you wonderful advice, and I'm sure you've all ready begun playing around with all the different ideas that must be swirling around in your head.  You've all ready hit the nail on the head with one portion of achieving social media success; achieving a presence on as many networks as possible.  There's a free service called HootSuite that can help you manage them all together at once.  Have you seen it?  Could save you a lot of hassle.

By the way, have you all ready taken advantage of the free $100 Google Adwords and $50 Facebook Ads credits you get when you sign up with Shopify?  They're under the "Promotions" tab in your Store Admin.  You can use them towards targeting the very people you want to get into your store, based on what they're searching for and talking about.  They're seriously powerful tools if you haven't all ready explored them.  

Moreover, have you checked out all the different marketing apps that are available to plug into your Shopify store?  Take a look over here if not.  Some of them are free, so you've got nothing to lose! :)

All the best to the both of you in this great adventure!  Everything looks superbly pretty.

Cheers,

Alek

0 Likes
Therese_Pollett
Tourist
10 0 1

Ah, thank you Alek! I have not tried HootSuite yet, so that might be something to look into. And yes, we gobbled up our Google Adword and Facebook credits pretty fast. I appreciate you taking the time to respond... the link to the marketing apps seems quite useful, so I will have to look at that some more! Thanks again! 

0 Likes
Alvinl
Tourist
26 0 3

Ah I just remembered, you could check out Rafflecopter too. They can help you run giveaway programs on Facebook. Giveaway programs, or sweepstakes, are great campaigns which go viral easily and help you generate leads. Your product looks pretty desirable for a giveaway, or for sponsoring an entire party!

Almost forgot to mention that it's free too!

lead singer, www.referralcandy.com
0 Likes
Therese_Pollett
Tourist
10 0 1

Ah, perfect Alvinl! We do need to do some giveaways, but it just seemed so overwhelming. After exploring their service a little more, Rafflecopter seems like something we should definitely be using. I can really see the potential. I think I have actually used it to enter a raffle--not realizing it was free and that I should apply it to my business! Thanks!

0 Likes
Matt128
9 0 0

Hi Therese!

Love your store, even as a guy, I have to say the colours, design and layout of the pics is super well put-together.

I'm not sure what this idea is worth, but what about trying some sort of contest? Where people who read your blog/visit FB pages, etc. could win some of your products? I guess this would classify as a "loss leader" (sorry, I'm not a marketing expert!), since you wouldn't make anything off the product you give away, but you'd DEFINITELY get lots of word-of-mouth buzz! Kinda goes along with the idea of posting interesting content and not selling. What's more interesting than WINNING SOMETHING!

Just an idea.... Hope it helps!

Matt

0 Likes
Matt128
9 0 0

Oops!

I just realized someone already suggested giveaways! Another idea: a friend of mine used to sell greeting cards. One way she generated buzz was by using her cards herself. You know, if someone was retiring, she would used one of the cards she made for that purpose. People started asking where she got her cards, and she was definitely ready to tell them where!

I know this doesn't qualify as a "social-media-marketing" idea, but it might work if you haven't already tried it!

Good luck!

Matt

0 Likes
Matt128
9 0 0

I'm back with some more ideas:

A few ppl have mentioned creating a personality and interaction with relevant visitors. One way that seems to be popping up is by commenting on other ppl's blogs. Of course, blogs that are related to your product and market. That's mentioned on the Shopify blog here: http://www.shopify.com/blog/3033902-guide-to-using-social-media-marketing-for-customer-engagement#ax...

But def. remember point number 4 on that post: blatant ads turn ppl off, so you prob don't wanna comment on someone's blog "Hey! Buy my product!". You definitely wanna show you have an interest in their product and maybe post a comment on their store's layout and say smth like "Hey, why don't you try this? Oh, and by the way, I did that same thing here: ...(insert link to your store)". I think that'll get ppl in your industry talking & visiting your store, and probably drawing their customers to visit your site too, all of which can work as advertising and generate more sales.

Another thing to keep in mind is to focus your energy. It may not be necessary to be spreading yourself out over EVERY SINGLE S. MEDIA PLATFORM. Look at point number 4 in this article http://www.searchenginejournal.com/5-social-media-marketing-strategies-for-ecommerce-websites-in-the...

If you find that your target audience is all over FB but not on Twitter, your efforts will be better spent on FB.

And don't forget Youtube. I like watching how other ppl got small businesses started. Why not make a short vid introducing your company, store and what you offer? If you haven't already, you could link to this in your store or on blog post comments!

Hope some of that helps!

Matt

0 Likes
Rebecca_Quinn
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hi Therese,
Adorable products! And smart branding.  I agree with the other posters- Facebook  DO NOT SELL--Engage!  And I suggest posting daily!

They should be things that relate to your product lines.  New colours for spring, party ideas and so on...

I see you have just over 100 users I'd suggest a marketing plan to increase your numbers on  your Facebook page to drive more traffic here are a few tips:

Great Visuals = Sales

Cutest BabyTummy Contest -shows your product in use.  I think that's the small thing that is missing from your lovely website.  I want to see the product in action! And who doesn't love babies and baby tummies!

Bridal Shower -Wackiest photo monthly perhaps get a discount on their next party kit.
I would then take all the images you are getting and Pin them! Once people see your kits in action I have no doubt they will buy!  I love that it's packaged ready set go!

I also would suggest a video tutorial with some upbeat music on your instructions page to grab user interest.  We are such a instant gratification world these days!  A short colourful video that posted on your site/youtube would help to boost traffic and sales!  Might be a good idea to partner with a local photographer/video too!

Therese,  Shopify has a great app I added to my store the other day fliptabify it adds your store to Facebook.  It was really easy to setup and it can't hurt!

I love colour -- I'll be sure to pass your site on  to my friends!

0 Likes
Shamballa_Jewel
Excursionist
47 0 7

I have 60,000 followers on Facebook since I started using it using properly in around Sep, 90% of our sales come via Facebook and friend referrals, so I personally think it is the best place to sell.

http://www.facebook.com/ShamballaBraceletCompany

Generate around 3000 unique hits per day via Facebook and a 9% conversion rate all by promoting various products via Facebook "Offer" Status option on your page.

It has been so fruitfull I stopped using adwords since end of Nov, which was our only source for customers up to then

0 Likes
Wedding_Corner_
Shopify Partner
17 0 0

Hello Shamballa,

I noticed you had a Facebook Ecommerce page as well. Does of the majority your sales come from your Facebook Eccommerce page? or Your Shopify page?

How were you able to grow you FB followers? Was it organic or did you try different things

0 Likes