What are your top 3 marketing must haves ?

Excursionist
47 0 10

Adwords has been a major expensive flop for me. Clicks are over $1.00 on Google. Many close to $2.00. To expensive for me. I have been very successful selling on Amazon and havingy website helps show i am legitimate 

0 Likes
1 0 0

How did you do that? My cost per click was HUUGE.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

in a month or 2 you should know if its working or not.and if you have biger budget so even before 

Tsvik.com

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Bob, nice sharing.

Can i ask some questions so i can learn from you?

+ you said about narrow it down to the smallest possible audience.. so, do you mean that we must find products only suitable for those smallest group of audiences?

+about the story of the store, do you need to get involved in your niche? i mean, if you target the wakeboarders, do you need to be one of them? the wakeboarders? do what they do?  if so, is that mean we should do niche where we've been involved with? i means as a hobby?

+you mention about Provide Value, you mention about video introducing tricks. is that video must an original made? or is it ok to just share some video from you tube channel? i mean i act sort like a curator...?

Thanks for your time and i hope i can hear from you,

Demsy

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
71 0 12

Long and interesting dicussion here. Before to share own experience I'd like to emphasize on the fact that it matters to understand and setup Ecommerce Analytics. Thanks to Shopify with releasing the guideline "Ecommerce Analytics for Beginners".

As for the channels that worked for me in the past and software industry:

• SEO
  • Email marketing
  • Referall marketing

I've never had too much luck with both Facebook or Google Adwords ads. 

Facebook Ads, Google Adwords & Google Analytics - my passion and that's what I can help you with right now.
0 Likes
Pathfinder
186 0 31

Hi Geoff,

As things stand, for marketing, an absolute must-have is Instagram. As compared to Facebook, it’s much easier to grow on and can be phenomenal in driving traffic to your website. 

All you have to do is keep a laser focus on content and hashtags. You cannot and I mean absolutely cannot post just your product photos. There should be some coherent theme in your account. BUT the good news is that once you’ve decided what kind of theme you want to go with, it’s super easy. For actionable tips on how to develop a theme on Instagram, check out these articles: 

1. Develop a theme 

2. 47 content ideas 

I mentioned hashtags - without hashtags, people won’t get to know of your posts. But don’t include spammy hashtags either. Research which hashtags are appropriate for your niche and use them. This can take up a lot of time. And that’s why you should use OrangeTwig’s hashtag research tool. It’s unbelievably easy to use and you can get a list of related and trending hashtags at the click of a button. Learn more about the tool here: Hashtag Research

(there is an offer going on as well: BONUS50) 

With hashtags and content you’ll be able to grow your followers, but eventually for these followers to convert into traffic and sales, you need to make your Instagram posts clickable. As you know, Instagram allows just one clickable link - in the bio. If a potential buyers likes one of your products on Instagram, she’ll first have to go to your website and then look for that product there. NO instant gratification. Often, this leads to lost sales.

Make your posts clickable with OrangeTwig’s clickable link. You’ll now be able to directly take your buyers to the actual product. To know more clickable posts, visit this page: Clickable Post

I hope this helps :)

- Karan 

OrangeTwig 

Karan Jassar
Founder, https://Socioh.com
Make great ads for Free.
See demo with your store: https://socioh.com/demo?src=sig
Learn about ads here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sellersuccess/?src=sig
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

1. SEO for sure
2. Paid Search
3. Social

---
Best One Page Checkout Extension

An Omnichannel Solution to Grow your own Retail Business! Magestore's Omnichannel Software
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

I would also add Reputon Store Reviews app to this list - its free and helps you to generate more reviews for your store on Trustpilot, Facebook, Google, etc., definitely a must have.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
95 0 1

Great post! Thanks for the discussion.

My #1 marketing must have is using email and Facebook together for maximum impact. You can use those two channels together to generate incredible results.

Paid, search and email channels don’t have to compete against each other for sales, customers and attributions. If you really want to do what’s best for your business, integrate all these channels together strategically.

Using your email service provider (Mail Chimp, Klaviyo, etc) look into segmentation and audience syncing capabilities. 

Anyway, we blogged about this today is you want to learn more: https://bit.ly/2NYyQeN

Hope that helps! Good luck guys.

Kevin Simonson is the CEO of Metric Digital, a performance marketing agency in New York City that focuses on driving revenue and customers through for ecommerce business via online advertising, email and other digital marketing channels.
0 Likes
6 0 0

I'm at the point where I have about half of my products loaded and I need to switch gears and start focusing on marketing . What works best for you ? 

Top 3 is all I'm looking for .  I would like to master those first then add more after that . 

Thanks much 

Geoff 

FetLife IMVU Canva

at whatever point you make your pages make them with clear titles and depictions, and so forth furthermore, it utilizes a SEO organization to help make backlinks, unfortuantely there are a considerable measure of awful SEO organizations out there.

0 Likes