What do you think would make you buy from my site?

Excursionist
11 0 10

Hi, i recently launched my site which i have been working for almost a month now. I applied most of what i have learned from reading forums, ebooks. i have recently put on a FB/IG ad and would not rely on it yet as it is still too early but so far the visit is slow from the ads.

If you come across my site mykeister.com , what would make you buy from site?

Any feedback on what im lacking, what i need to do to improve the "Trust factor" or anything that would increase my traffic would be highly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

8 Likes
Explorer
109 0 27

Hi Michael! 

Happy to lend my insight here. I don't like the immediate subscription to your newsletter/mailing list request that I get right away. I understand it's par-for-the-course nowadays, but it feels desperate and --- very importantly --- why would I sign up for something within 5 seconds of being on a site for the first time? If you absolutely must have this sort of pop-up, 30 seconds minimum is my recommendation. 

I actually really like your product selection. I also like the theme of your shop -- basically everything you sell "fits" as part of the whole. So probably the most important thing about your shop -- what you are selling -- is terrific!

What would I like to see? Well, for one, I'm not the biggest fan of your "About" page. The white text does not appear legible over the background image. It's a cool image, but the focus of this page is to welcome the customer. It's not highly welcoming -- try a simple white background with a picture of you or your team! I think this will go a long way towards building trust -- I already like your phone number and your address being listed, as well as your domain-specific email address. I have a great deal of faith that you're a "real" store, and I think with a properly executed "About" page, things would be even better. 

Also. I'd recommend putting the "About Us" page on the menu bar at the top of the site. Make it sing, and make it prominent. 

I will say that your on-page SEO is not necessarily where it ought to be. For instance, when I click "Women's Collection", the page title is "Women's Collection - mykeister". It's going to be awfully hard to rank with this. Even your home page has a page title of "MyKeister Bags - mykeister". Why not change it to something succinct, but that also has keywords that will be useful? 

For the homepage, something like: "MyKeister | Bags, Backpacks, Soulder Bags at Discount Prices"

And you can get slightly more specific on the other individual pages. Hopefully this helps! Good luck out there! 

7 Likes
Excursionist
11 0 10

Thank you so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it. Will work on the about us page and will be updating the home page seo, just have to figure out where to edit it.

Thank you for the suggestions and will work on them now.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
255 1 46

Hi Michael,

Couple things to consider doing:

• You should have actionable items on your frontage slider
  • Product page design needs some work. Your Add to Cart button shows below the fold. It should be above the fold. The less work a consumer has to do to purchase, the better.
  • It’s odd that you have 3 different comment/review type options on your product page. Pick one so that your page isn’t so cluttered.
  • Consider changing your color scheme. Different colors invoke different emotions. Red is typically known as a warning/error color so it may unconsciously deter consumers from acting

Cheers,

Ryoma

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Free Trust Seals with Reviews Generation to increase conversions - https://apps.shopify.com/trust

Free Ads Exchange - https://apps.shopify.com/ads

Free Conversion Checkout Timer - https://apps.shopify.com/conversion

Utilize Trust Seals with Reviews Generation to increase your sales conversions - https://apps.shopify.com/trust
2 Likes
Tourist
7 0 2

I tried posting this already, sorry if it double posts.

Your page is VERY slow to load. It seems the issue is with a review app. reviews.appiversalapps.com seems to be the slow loader upon initial visit. I had it lock up my web browser twice as well, which if I were a customer would be a reason to shop elsewhere.

2 Likes
1 0 0

I am from Pakistan, I am trying to use Shopify on the Facebook shop. But unable to use because our local currency (PKR) is not supported. What should I do?. I will be using Cash on Delivery Payment option for my products selling. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
83 0 12

I actually just posted about this here:

https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-marketing/t/poor-sales-what-gives-i-know-472015

Scott Luscombe
www.creatibly.com
scott@creatibly.com
905-550-5023

Creatibly Inc. Brains Matter. www.creatibly.com | scott@creatibly.com | 905-550-5023
0 Likes
2 0 1

I think you're doing awesome.  You have a pop-up at the bottom left of your screen every 3-5 seconds saying someone just bought something.

If that isn't true, then personally I think those pop-ups do more to hurt a site than help, as it is clearly a script trying to promise legitimacy by misleading the buyer as to your actual sales.  I also find it to be annoying to have something pop-up whenever I'm looking at something, and think to a degree we've all become conditioned to look at popups...it takes you away from the product one might be looking at.

It is a very attractive site.  There just isn't anything there that I need.

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi, Michael,

I think your site looks amazing. I would even like to know which theme you are using. The product photography is dope too :)

On to your question, here are a few things I have noticed on your site that don't exactly make me feel great:

• The website takes really long to load..like really long...at some point, I even suspected it was my internet connection. Kindly find out why that's happening.
  • The constant popups of "someone bought something" are a bit annoying and they make me feel like am being sold to instead of being warmly welcomed.
  • On your product descriptions, don't only tell me the design specifications of the products because I don't even understand half of it. Write more about the products in such a way I will be convinced to purchase them.
  • You have more than one review type option. It makes the site look confusing and too busy.
  • You don't have a blog post section.

About the traffic part, from experience, I have realized that no matter how long you spend fiddling on your website, installing new apps, changing colour schemes...etc you will never get the traffic you expect if you don't put yourself out there. Apart from social media ads, make sure you are offering excellent customer service, timely responses to inquiries and treating your customers well. Furthermore, surprise them with thank you cards inside their shipping boxes and always find out how they feel about the product. That extra personalization will go along way in getting referral marketing.

In addition, write a few blog posts. Perhaps once a month. Share them with your target audience, post on WhatsApp and facebook groups and offer them content worth reading. You could also capture their email addresses with strategic popups when they are reading your blogs and entice them to buy products by using Shopify's buy button on your blog posts.

I hope things improve for you.

Cheers, 

2 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi,

Like your products - 

Your customer reviews did not seem legit to me as there were no actual comments (or very few) and they were created so close together. That is a trun off for me for sure....important that people see reviews as coming from actual customers...especially if they are shopping a site for the first time.

Elizabeth

2 Likes