What is based Facebook PIXEL on?

Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 1

Let's say I have Facebook Ad and it's converting well with Precise targeting ("phase 1"). My pixel learned something already...

so I am going to "phase 2" and make BROAD interest targeting for the same product (but now my pixel has some knowledge from Phase1).

Q:
On what BASIS facebook Pixel will know that I want to target similar people like in Phase1 in order to sell the same product? Is is target URL or what? What if URL changes?

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi Snoop, Facebook advertising is my domain and I get a lot of people asking this question. I am assuming that you have started getting some traffic to your website.

1. To target similar people like in "Phase 1" you would to create a Facebook look alike audience. 

Yes, your pixel has collected some data from your initial campaign in phase 1. But if you dont tell Facebook to use that data it won't. You can use the emails or phone numbers of your existing customers to target people who have characteristics, interest and an online profile similar to your exisitng customers. You can also use your audience data from your pixel to target similar people on Facebook. This increases the probability of targeting people who are likely to purchase your product and I promise you this is far better than targeting people using interest. Here is a resource to get you started on how to create look alike audineces on Facebook here .

2. My favourite Facebook ad ROI maximization is Re- targeting with Dynamic product Ads!. 

On the average 95% of ecommerce traffic leave with out making a purchase, retargeting also known as remarketing is way of reaching back to your cart abandoners, product viewers and website visitors. This increase the chances of purchases to about 70%. According to wishpond retargeting can lead to higher conversion rate of about 147% over time in certain industries. Retargeting with dynamic Facebook Ads is one of the secret fomulars used by top marketers. Here are the steps to set-up a retargeting campaign with dynamic ads.

• install facebook pixel on your store
  • Create a product feed from your inventory
  • Create a product catalog on facebook and connect your product feed
  • Create your various custom audiences
  • Create your dynamic product Ad campaign

Although, retargeting with dynamic product Ads is a great marketing option setting it up can be tedious. There are third party applications that allow you to set up your re-targeting campaigns in minutes. One of the best applications is AdGeek. AdGeek  enables you to setup retargeting campaigns in seconds. You can try it here

Moving Forward....

Make analytics your friend.Always check what is working and what is not; analyze - restrategize - - adapt. 

You can contact me with any further questions at ben@adgeekpro.com.

0 Likes