What is the best solution to manage the pictures in Shopify file

zane2
16 0 0

I found the Shopify does not provide sub-file list in file option. So the future problem would be there will so many pictures in one file. 

We now are moving our product data and pictures into shopify, however, we have many pictures. I am worried about if I upload hundreds of pictures in it, then I am not sure I can find it in the furture.

Anyone have good solution to solve my problem? And I think also need to improve the picture download speed.

All the best

Zane

0 Likes
Ronen2
Shopify Expert
24 0 3

Hi Zane,

Are you referring to the product images?

If so, upload those files within the product page for each product. Later on you can export the producrt file, where you will find a link to each of the images you uploaded.

I hope this helps.

If you are referring to images other than produt im images, please explain.

Best,

Ronen

Ronen Amit, Inbound Marketing for eCommerce Growth
0 Likes
zane2
16 0 0

Hi Ronen:

Thanks your reply.

I am actually thinking we may have different types of images. let me show you two examples:

https://store.aputure.com/collections/lighting/products/ls-c120t-1

https://store.aputure.com/collections/led-video-light/products/ls-1-2w

You see here. I am worrying if I upload this all product images to file. That will confuse me to find picture with cdn link in future.

I am trying to think other ways to improve efficiency.

All the best

Zane

0 Likes
Ronen2
Shopify Expert
24 0 3

Hi Zane,

First of all, I would like to tell you that you site looks terrific. 

As for the images, the first link seems to be a custom page and you may upload the images to Shopify CDN via "Setting -> Files" Than you can copy the URL to the cusotm page.

The other page you referred me to is a product page. Every image you upload via "Products -> Products" Will automatically to the CDN.

In order to be in control of your images, create an image name convention that will help you find the files in the CDN. For products you can either use the SKU or the product name. When you use more than one image for the product specify the angle, type of image or just a numerical reference to the name.

When you add an images to the CDN via the files dashboard, you may use a name convention that includes the name of the page on which that image is used (if it is used on a specific page) and a description of the image. This will help you locate the CDN URL when you need it.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Ronen

0 Likes
zane2
16 0 0

Hi Ronen:

Thanks your praise and reply.

I now understand the difference between these two. One should I manually upload picture in file and another one is picture will auto generate CDN. 

I am not sure how fast it will be if I all move the pictures from our server, but as you suggested, set the name convention first, and then do it. We will try it. But it will surely lots of work to do.

All the best

Zane

0 Likes
vire
3 0 0

i want to manage my picture for bluetooth stereo audio module 

Vire is a china brand specialize in customize bluetooth audio module/pcba/decoder board for 10 years,this mp3 pcb module support FM/USB/TF/MP3/Video/AUX. email: sales33@vire.net.cn
0 Likes
vire
3 0 0

I WANT TO MANAGE PICTURE FOR BLUETOOTH AUDIO MODULE

Vire is a china brand specialize in customize bluetooth audio module/pcba/decoder board for 10 years,this mp3 pcb module support FM/USB/TF/MP3/Video/AUX. email: sales33@vire.net.cn
0 Likes
Ronen2
Shopify Expert
24 0 3

Hi Zane,

I guess it is a lot of work, but it is worthwhile doing, since it makes the loading and display of your images faster and more reliable.

Take your time, you don't have to do everything at once. 

Wishing you success.

Best,

Ronen

0 Likes