What is the best ways to Drive Traffic With Little or No Marketing Budget!?

Mitch1
Tourist
10 0 1

I'm 17 and have created a Dad Hat Business. I promote mostly on instagram and facebook, hence, it has been the main source of sales. In terms of paid marketing I have had NO success and have devoted myself to driving traffic naturally :) Would love some inspiration on unique ways that could give a business an edge. Also if you see something that could help directly from my site feel free to hit me up.

Kind Regards,

Mitch

Jarrett
Shopify Partner
117 0 12

Hey guys if you are looking for more free information on digital marketing checkout my facebook page www.Facebook.com/JarrettBelliveau I have done a few million on online sales over the last few years and don't charge anything for my content. I got fed up with all of these coaches scamming you guys for $5000 for a program that "makes you money" so I decided I will post all of my knowledge for free for you guys! My back ends are all on shopify and I show all of my numbers! Hopefully this helps!

You guys are buying programs from people who haven't done anything. They don't show you thier numbers or anything all they do is rent a lambo and air bnb a house... Check out my page itf you want some free content! And to be clear I actually mean free... I am not a misdecieving liar. www.facebook.com/JarrettBelliveau 

Alexandra_D
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
46 0 13

Hey, Mitch! 

Alex here, I'm a part of the support team at Shopify. First off, your site looks great! 

Organic marketing on social media is honestly a great way to get results, I'm glad you've been finding success with it! A few other organic, low-cost marketing options include selling in person at a flea market or craft fair (you can use Shopify POS for this on your iPad, iPhone or Android device), interviewing an industry influencer and getting involved with your local business community.

We go over this and more in our 50 Ways to Make Your First Sale guide, which is a great resource for driving traffic and marketing, even if you're past the point of making your first sale. I'd highly recommend checking it out! 

I hope this helps and have a great day! 

Karan_Jassar
Pathfinder
186 0 31

Hi Mitch,

First thoughts:

• You have a good no. of Instagram followers (2k+). Sweet.
  • Your reviews page takes a lot of time to load; almost seems like an error at first.
  • Your name is cool - Dad Hats; can be misleading also as you sell to teenagers/ girls it seems.
  • The same name - Dad Hats can be used very well for Father's Day which is coming up.
  • Try an app that shows the price in the currency of the viewer's country. You'll find in Shopify's Appstore.

DRIVING TRAFFIC; ADS SHOULD WORK

Ok now, you are saying you have had no success with paid marketing. I have run fb ads for many startups and think that for you ads should work. I wonder which audiences you are trying. They should be highy layered, not just generally into caps and hats. Be sure to target by geo; you should get the best response from Australia itself since the shipping cost will be a deterrant for others. Test audiences of different age groups. Keep an eye on CTR as this indicates whether you are driving traffic efficiently to your site. Pause ads and retest with different audience/creative if your CTR is low.

Try audiences into other brands similar to yours, and with high tendency for online shopping/purchases. You will get this under 'Behaviour' when you define your audience. Try retargeting too. Use videos in ads, test.

WHY YOU?

Also, why should people buy caps from you, or why should they buy your caps? Think of 3 different reasons and test these. Example - Caps with funny lines, Caps for Dads specifically, Make Your College Outfit cool with these Caps, Back to School Caps, Wear It Like Kanye Wore (or T Swift or Kendall Jenner). These are some angles to test.

When targeting girls show a girl wearing the cap because the name Dad Hats may make a girl think this product is simply not for them. Once they realise it is for them, the name actually seems cool; Dad Hats like Dad Jokes.

BUILD A BRAND

In your case, developing a brand will help because then people will not just be buying caps, but buying into a brand. How? Write a deeper About Us, show who you are. Use photos. Use more media rich testimonials. Share some cool videos (casual, snapchat story types) with people wearing your caps. I think people would want IN on this then. 

I like the mood and brand Happy Moose Juice has created on fb. Check - https://www.facebook.com/happymoosejuice/

SELL MORE ON FATHER'S DAY (COMING UP!)

Promote your products on Father's Day. Your name just lends itself to this occasion. You can also do family caps; a set of 4. To create professionaly designed social media posts that show off your products, use OrangeTwig. Just plain cap photos are not that attractive, and one can totally scroll past these on fb.
It takes less than 5 mins to use this app. Just sync your store and OrangeTwig will automatcally create multiple posts for you (example below), and post these on all channels at a time you define:

OrangeTwig will also promote for you generally, when there are no occasions like Father's Day. It costs around $10/month. So this is the way to go with negligible marketing budget, plus ads with a sharp focus on testing towards good ROI.  Try OrangeTwig for free for 7 days.

All the best!

- Karan

Karan Jassar
Founder, https://Socioh.com
Make great ads for Free.
See demo with your store: https://socioh.com/demo?src=sig
Learn about ads here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sellersuccess/?src=sig
Jarrett
Shopify Partner
117 0 12

Hey guys if you are looking for more free information on digital marketing checkout my facebook page www.Facebook.com/JarrettBelliveau I have done a few million on online sales over the last few years and don't charge anything for my content. I got fed up with all of these coaches scamming you guys for $5000 for a program that "makes you money" so I decided I will post all of my knowledge for free for you guys! My back ends are all on shopify and I show all of my numbers! Hopefully this helps!

You guys are buying programs from people who haven't done anything. They don't show you thier numbers or anything all they do is rent a lambo and air bnb a house... Check out my page if you want some free content www.facebook.com/JarrettBelliveau 

0 Likes
Paul28
Tourist
23 0 1

1) Blog

2) Instagram / Pinterest

3) Get featured on other blogs / sites

4) Youtube reviews

Dailey_Pike
1 0 1

Anybody that uses the word "hence" is all right with Dragon.

My question would be "Where's Mitch?" Your story of a 17 year old creating a business is a great one. You are the "face" of the company but I don't see YOU on the first page of your store.

The other thing I thought of was a reason, other than to buy clothes, for people to visit your site.

That might be something like "Dad Joke Of The Day" which ties in with your product which you could make short videos as Mitch telling the joke on Instagram, etc... etc... etc...

Here's some to get you started. https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/75-dad-jokes-that-are-so-bad-theyre-actually-good?utm_term=.qsN2Y...

Continued success brother. At 17 I was spending most of my time in pool halls. #seriously

russ3
Tourist
4 0 4

Jarrett, stop spamming every thread!

russ3
Tourist
4 0 4

Well for 1, you're stealing people's designs. Friends logo, Cherry Bomb, Vineyard Vines, who knows what else. Not cool. 

0 Likes
ZINation
5 0 0

Hi Mitch,

First, let me begin by saying you have a lovely store :)

Now, here are some suggestions for improvement:

• The name of your store is quite misleading. My first impression was a store selling hats to mature men. If your targeted audience includes also young women, I would advise changing it to something that reflects better the essence of your store, let's say "Funny cool hats" for example ;)
  • In my opinion, it is better to sort the products into collections (let's say by color/gender) so the customers can find easily what they are looking for.
  • Finally, please let me introduce our Catalog & Invoice Automation App, a powerful tool, which can help you to increase your traffic and conversion rates. When creating beautiful product catalogs with this App you can share them on social media and get bigger exposure for your products. This way people are getting to browse your catalog inside FB / Instagram / Pinterest, and when they see a product they like and click on it, it actually redirects them to your store. This way you get to expand your potential customer base and improve your SEO. It is FREE to try and NO CODING SKILLS required. The App also offers customized invoice features, including Product Recommendations, Thank You notes and Bulk Printing.

For more details and download check out https://apps.shopify.com/zine-builder

Good Luck :)

0 Likes