What to do if you get slammed on Reddit

8 0 0

Yesterday, I found out that someone called out my store as a SCAM on Reddit.  This was totally in error.  I resolved it but the post had a few hours to sit and got some views (and probably not the kind of visits I want to my online shop).  All was resolved with the person who posted it, but I'm afraid that this may have a negative affect on any future post I make linking back to my store (theteaconnoisseur.com).  Any suggestions on how I might remedy this.  I was getting decent traffic from Reddit anytime I made a post.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Contact the person and kindfully ask them to remove it. Be honest like what you've shared here.

If they don't, reply to their thread sharing how the problem has been solved. Any future visitors who research your store and come across it, will see you help customers.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
1 Like
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

I agree with Joshua. While this can be a huge concern, there's also a way to spin the situation to your favor. ...and this can lead to GREATER successes in the future.

Let's face it: mistakes happen and at the end of the day we're all human. While someone may have a bad experience with your business and take to the many outlets of the world to voice their frustration, you can use that action to your benefit. 

Instead of asking them to take it down, leave it up and work with the person to resolve the matter. As part of that process, ask them to reply to their own post to (a) outline how you made things right and (b) praise you and your business for going above-and-beyond. 

By allowing others to see the progress from error to error-resolution, you can create better relationships and build more trust and credibility in your company.

Best of luck!

0 Likes
8 0 0

Luckily, I saw it on my Reddit frontpage (it had gotten quite a few upvotes in 5 hours) and looked into it. They sent me an email and a tweet, too. The thing was, the person never placed an order on my site.  It was some shop that wasn't even remotely close to the name of my shop. I wrote a friendly email first, then posted a comment to the Reddit post, lastly addressed the tweet.  As you both suggested, I was nice, helpful, and resolved a customer (or in this case a potential future costomer) concern.

Thanks for your replies.

0 Likes
3 0 0

I also publish my website over the reddit but not get visitor. after few days of submiting my website is spam on reddit not able to post again

shopify experts will explain how to marketing over reddit safely without banned or spam

www.mrquotees.com
0 Likes
8 0 0

Reddit takes strategy. People rely don't like self promotion on Reddit (it's in the guide lines) and will call you out in the blink of an eye.

Read the rules of any and all prospective subreddits that you think of postings in. Engage with the group first. Then, after being a sure as you can be that you're not violating any rules, post a link.

Posting a link to your site once a week on Reddit can be risky, but it does depend on where you post. I go about two weeks between site link post, but I also make sure to engage with comments and upvotes on other post in and around my target group.

I typically get a nice bump in traffic whenever I post a link to my site.  Reddit is a long game strategy if you're just starting out.

0 Likes
1 0 0

We've had a mixed experience with Reddit so far .. on one hand I've been a redditor since it opened, and on the other hand results from traffic / advertising haven't been great. If somebody attacks your company on Reddit, I would first take a deep breath and make a private reply to them first, and than follow on the thread .. trying to appear to help them with their questions.. remember getting angry and such doesn't help.. especially on Reddit.. Try to be the bigger person and respond gracefully. 

You can also contact a mod and ask them to remove the topic if its slander related. 

0 Likes