When do you start showing customer reviews?

Tourist
70 0 2

I am using the Orankl review app and wanted to know when you start showing reviews on your products.

Many customers don't bother leaving a review so some products may have none while others would show only one or two reviews.

Do you show reviews with only one or two customer reviews?

1 Like
Tourist
11 0 4

E-

Show every review. If threre is a really bad one, address it off line with the customer. 

Also write to each cusotmer after you know they have recived the product, thank them for their purchase and then ask if they could come back to your site and write a review. Be sure to include the link back to the page to make their life easier. I have used this strategy on my site - 

http://www.mac-case.com

successfully. Good luck. 

1 Like
Tourist
70 0 2

Thanks MacCase, I've added the reviews!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
51 0 18

We receive many reviews daily by offering an incentive for customers to leave a review. Try offering a $50 weekly raffle for customers that have left a review or something along those lines. Make sure to mention your promo the email requesting the review.

Alex Brecher http://Store.BariatricPal.com BariatricPal Store: Save Money on Bariatric Food, Vitamins & Nutrients
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
78 0 8

Hi Elizabeth,

I run the Judge.me Product Reviews app and with regards to your question on when to start showing the reviews, there are two camps among my customers:

1) Shops that want to get reviews from both verified buyers (via our review request emails) and web visitors to their product pages. These shops need to show the review widget even if no reviews yet, cause otherwise the web visitors could not leave a review. For these shops we do have an option to hide the preview badge (the stars on the collection page) if there are no reviews yet.

2) Shops that only want to get reviews from verified buyers via our review request email. For these shops my app has an option to not show the review widget when there are no reviews yet, except when a verified buyer is visiting the product page via the special link we use in the verified buyer emails. This option protects the shop brand, although you do lose out on potential reviews from non-buyers.

I agree with what others have said above that showing even 1 review is beneficial. Also keep in mind that customers who left a review may feel bad about their review not showing up, wich is another reason to show it even if just 1 review per product.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Elizabeth,

Like other have mentioned, show the reviews regardless. I just wanted to break down why it's actually important; having reviews garnered will count as fresh content on your website. This ultimately results in a nice boost to your SEO.

Product reviews are great to instill confidence in buyers, naturally. Buyers appreciate any transparency due to the typical uncertainty of shopping online.

Garrett

0 Likes
6 0 0

As someone who only recently opened a shop and therefore has low traffic, I'm in a different camp. I've talked with others to gauge their opinion on this very topic and we all agreed: until you have decent traffic and regular purchasing activity, I would suppress reviews. For example, I was recently at a competitor's online store and saw no reviews on any of their products. It gave a ghost-town appearance, like nobody shops there (so why should I?). Reviews are golden - I agree with that. But if you don't have the traffic yet, I'd personally hold off.

0 Likes
Tourist
70 0 2

Hi Alex, thanks for your comments. I thought that many customers see it as being "bribed" to provide good feedback with discounts and raffles etc so I simply ask for their feedback.

Hi PJ, I agree with your comment about customers feeling upset if their review is not included although they don't offer much info nor value to prospective customers if they only write "Love it!"...

Hi Michael, I also took your view. I have testimonials on my Testimonials page but hesitated on adding the Orankl reviews as they aren't as "meaty", howver I have since changed the wording encouraging them to be more descriptive to help future customers.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi. Interesting idea. How do you advertise and execute the raffle--an app?  Or manually looking at reviews and picking one?  Thanks!  

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

I am agree with Alex Brecher  it is coorect reply .We receive many reviews daily by offering an incentive for customers to leave a review. Try offering a $50 weekly raffle for customers that have left a review or something along those lines. Make sure to mention your promo the email requesting the review.

Nidhi vyas
0 Likes