Where should i add Mcafee trust badge?

Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 3

I got an html code from godaddy after requesting the TrustedSite service of them, provided by McAfee i think and i do not know where i should add it in shopify?

The code is somethin like this: 

<script type="text/javascript" src=  ...

Any hints?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3397 253 614

Hi Gabriel, 

Nick here from Shopify. ?

It all depends where you want to put the badge exactly, for example, in the header or the footer or even on the product pages. Where you want to put the badge is completely up to you. Let's look at the steps within the admin to add the badge in. 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2. Find the theme you want to edit, and then click Actions > Edit code.
  3. Next, you will paste the code for either the dark or the light security badge into your theme code. Depending on where you want the badge to appear on your storefront, paste the code into one of the following files:
    • If you want to show the security badge in your header, then find your header.liquid in the Sections directory
    • If you want to show the security badge in your footer, then find your footer.liquid in the Sections directory
    • If you want to show the security badge on your product page, then find your product-template.liquid in the Sectionsdirectory
    • If you want to show the security badge on your cart page, then find your cart-template.liquid in the Sections directory, or your cart.liquid in the Templates directory.
  4. Click the file to open it in the code editor. Find the location in the code where you want to add in your security badge. The placement varies from theme to theme, and according to personal preference.
  5. Once you have added the appropriate code in, click save, 

Shopify has a great guide going through all of this which you can see by clicking here

McAfee also has an app in the Shopify app store which can show visitors the secure trustmark as well as scan your site to keep it safe. You can see the app by clicking here

Hope this helps and guides you with your next step on this. 

Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Nick,

Wondering if you can help; the messenger badge in my store ovverlaps the Mcafee badge, so I would like to move the Mcafee badge to the bottom left of my page.

Is this achievable?

Thanks

Sham

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Nick

I was wondering if I need a subscription to mcafee in order to have the badge displayed on my site?

Or can I just insert the badge to my store?

0 Likes