Which app is good to do timed email follow-ups?

dandelion3
Excursionist
97 0 8

I think I should set an automatic e-mail follow up in place for each purchase (short surveys):

First: A week later asking the customers how their plants arrived and if they are happy with their purchase.

Second (risky):after three month weather their plant is thriving.

Third: if they want to share what they are actually do with that plant repcipies and the like.

I want to connect this that the results are showing up in the rating system- is that possible and that the text or recipes are showing in the rating system too (if the customers do agree to that).

Is there are special app (preferably free) which does that?

Second: what incentive would you give? I could say 10% off with the next purchase but if there are three emails that would be 30% - too much in a field were the profit is low and the work is high! I don't know what you think of that beans app maybe it is silly or annoying but I could give beans for answering the surveys.

What do you think?

0 Likes
Savannah_F
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 92

Hey, there! 

Timed follow ups are a great idea, and we have several apps that will help you send them. I'd recommend checking out: 

I wasn't able to find anything that's free unfortunately! 

When it comes to discounting in those emails, have you considered mixing up the type of discount you're offering? For example, you could offer 10% off, free shipping, a free gift, or dollar based discounts ($5 off). 

Let me know if there's anything I can clarify. :) 

Happy selling!
Savannah

0 Likes
dandelion3
Excursionist
97 0 8

Thanks, I probably won't discount I am too cheap anyway! The interesting thing is that you did not mention mailchimp - why? I realised by now that I will have to pay.

I had a look in campaign  monitor and liked it - what is your opiion about that aoo?

0 Likes
Savannah_F
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 92

Hey there!

MailChimp is a great tool, but it's better suited to email marketing campaigns rather than automated emailing. Does that make sense? 

It looks like Campaign Monitor has also introduced an automation feature, so it seems like it would be a good fit!

Let me know if there's anything I can clarify! 

Savannah 

0 Likes
dandelion3
Excursionist
97 0 8

Campaign Monitor is Australian an advantage for me! How does Campaign Monitor Follow Up and Remarkety compare? What are the strenght and weaknesses? (Automate is too expensive)

The problem with new software is always that you realise what is important after working with it for some time (and that is definitively more than the trial period!)

0 Likes
Savannah_F
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 92

Hi again!

I would say that Campaign Monitor is definitely less expensive, but I have heard great things about the customer service at Remarkety. Because they're third party apps, I would definitely recommend trying out each app on a free trial before deciding. That's the best way to get a feel for the features of each app. I'm going to leave this open for responses so we can get some fellow merchants and Experts that have tried each app to weigh in. :) 

All the best!

Savannah

0 Likes