Which one is better facebook or adowrds ?

6 0 0

Hey guys I'm in the same situation. I been using facebook ads and instagram and even adwords but nothing. No real traffic or even sale. My website is www.linstelo.com what can I do to change it around? Any advice?

0 Likes
Tourist
18 0 1

It is difficult to say which is better Adwords or facebook Ads. In a way its a bit like saying which is better press advertising or radio advertising. It really depends on which your customers are more likely to see and just like a traditional marketing mix where you might use press advertising and radio advertising and PR, your are possibly best to using a mix of a little bit of spend of facebook and a little bit of Adwords.

In general Adwords is going to be seen by people that use search engines although adwords can also be targeted at other things like display networks (that is to say ad spaces on blogs, to popular websites that have adsence facilities) or at particular aps, while facebook is going to appear on peoples facebook pages. It might therefore be that if your customers are younger you might but more into facebook, or if they are generally older then you would put more into Adwords.

It will also depend very much on what you are aiming to achieve, if you want to simply get your company name across you will aim your campaign on achieving impressions rather than conversions where as if you are aiming to get people to call you or to purchase on line then you will aim it as conversions. The mix between facebook and adwords may be very different depending on which of these you want to achieve. 

Another factor when deciding where to put your money on Adwords would be whether you use a keywords or a shopping campaign, my experience is that a shopping campaign will work well if you are selling products, where as an adwrds campaign would work better for promoting your business generally.

Again this is not an either or choice but a mix, you may want to spend a percentage of your budget promoting your business and a percentage on promoting the products you sell. Especially if you have a physical store as well as an online store.

In essence there are many many factors that you need to consider and depending on your budget i'd look at creating an anline advertising mix rather than putting all of your eggs in one basket. There are lots of online resources to help you decide how to come up with an online marketing strategy but i'd start with looking at the google garage programme which is free and will help you consider all of these factors although it doesn't talk much about adwords. 

Also consider which search engine your potential customers use Bings has its own version of Adwords, so you might want to split your spend between google adwords and bing adwords.

Which ever you use bid value and daily spend will have a big impact of how effective your campaigns are, but possibly the biggest impact will come from how good your business, products and store is,  going by some of the previous comments it sounds like there are a few things that you can do to improve your site (Adwords assigns your ads position in the results partially on your bid value and partially on how it ranks your page a company with a lower bid value but a great site may be positioned higher than one with a higher bid value).

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
30 0 1

As mentioned above you Facebook and AdWords are two different paid channels.

Facebook is targeting more top of the funnel visitors who are not looking for your product but may come across a blog post you wrote about why your phone cases are great. You need to build a relationship with them through content. FB took me 7 months of playing around before I was able to get the right targeted audience that converted to sales. It's hard and takes time to get right.

AdWords is going to be ultra compective in your market and you will probably not have enough margins to cover the CAC costs. 

Google Shopping has converted the best for me. Try uploading you catalog into Google Merchants and pay for that traffic as those are visitors looking to buy.

Lastly I highly recommend you try Boostsuite which is a Shopify app. They focus on displaying your ads on targeted sites and retargeting. So far I have a 4x ROI which is amazing. for every $1 I spend I get back $4 gross revenue.  Go install the app and give it a few months to try it out.

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Rodrigo,

Yes, I'd like to run Google Ads.

I can download the app but can't understand why your services are free.

Where is the catch? My website is hayleyjadejewels.com

Love you to work with me on this. I'm happy to pay for the ads and your services

as long as I get a 2x return

I want to outsource my marketing. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
154 0 10

Hi Owen!:

Glad to hear you are interested in our app! Appart from the free services (Setting and running the Adwords campaigns, create customized banners, remarketing campaigns...) we also got  premium services (you can choose if you want it or not) That is our source of benefits. 

The only thing we ask from our clients of the free services is a feedback! :)

We really hope that our application will make your stores to grow!

If you have more questions, keep contacting me!

Best regards

Rodrigo Munoz 

Marketing Department of Clever Ecommerce.

Shopify APP https://apps.shopify.com/cleverppc WEB www.cleverecommerce.com
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Okay, so what do I do next?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
154 0 10

Hi again Owen!:

Next step you should take is downloading our app from the Shopify App Store, here is the link!:

https://apps.shopify.com/cleverppc 

It is super easy to install and set up! But if you have issues you can contact me and i will try to help you.

Best regards

Rodrigo Munoz

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Rodrigo, I'm really interested in your app and perhaps even the premium service if I can get a decent ROI on my investment. What do I do to get a professional adwords campaign running? 

0 Likes
2 0 0

is £5 a day the minimum? can it go lower

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
154 0 10

Hi Kal_Mohd!:

Glad to hear you! I would recommend you to first try the free services first, so that you can see how is everything going, how do we work...etc.  Our company thinking is mainly to help you to run good Adwords campaigns and optimize your ads impact!

If you have more questions please keep contacting me!

Best regards

Rodrigo Munoz

0 Likes