Who's had success driving traffic with FB / IG ads?

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello Shopify-ers!

I launched my store www.smallbatchdaily.com in October (artisan, American-made gourmet foods) and have had decent sales but I'm not generating a lot of traffic to my site. I'm starting to convince myself that the only way to do this will be through using Facebook and Instagram ads. I've tried them out but have had very little engagement (only a handful of click-throughs). The content I think is good but I haven't put a lot of money against them which could be part of the issue. I'm nervous to without having a better handle on what results it'll drive!

I'd love to hear from anyone who's had success driving traffic with social ads and any tips you have for a newbie.

Thanks! Emily

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
30 0 6

Hi Emily,

May I ask how you are targeting your audience for the ads? Please be very specific.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

We've had success with Kit. It's a good way to start small with ads and get some initial sales and move on

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1022 0 109

Hi Emily! Maggie, a Shopify Partner here :)

While it's true that you have to use social media marketing in order to improve traffic, yet paid ads is not the only way. This forum is full of posts from people who keep spending money on adds, and seeing traffic, but still no sales. Why? Because the ads are not optimized to reach their target audience at the right moment of the buying process.

Social media marketing can bring you more relevant traffic, and it's absolutely free. Consider posting daily on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Read how to organize a content, how to engage with followers and have a strong strategy on at least one profile. 

SEO can also help you with traffic, but you will see better results with SEO project once your website is established [2+ years old]. 

Maggie Tuczapska

Rock Paper Copy

maggie@rockpapercopy.com

Get exclusive access to SEO tips and traffic building strategies (it's free) - Subscribe to my daily newsletter!

Skyrocket your traffic with social media marketing

http://www.rockpapercopy.com

Learn How to Set up a Shopify Store. Join our Shopify Training Course today: http://bit.ly/ShopifytrainingSEO
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Emily, great work with your store so far: very neat user interface and lovely, compelling images. I do agree that eventually web traffic will convert visitors to customers and finally leads to more sales. You currently lack the social media icons on your footer and header though. Organically, social media can drive lots of traffic to your store and also help create and enhance your brand awareness. Not forgetting the extra benefit that social media does with the SEO of your store. You are currently on Instagram and I will encourage you to consider facebook and Pinterest. Also, make the social icons easily accessible by placing it on either your header or footer of your store. 
Also consider retargeting to the users who have already visited your store. I will highly recommend AdGeek for this purpose. This free facebook retargeting service handles all the pesky setup processes for you at NO COST. It is highly remarkable and their customer service team is ready to die for you.
I hope my comments helps as you pursue greatness, Emily. 

Panin

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Emily, great work with your store so far: very neat user interface and lovely, compelling images. I do agree that eventually web traffic will convert visitors to customers and finally leads to more sales. You currently lack the social media icons on your footer and header though. Organically, social media can drive lots of traffic to your store and also help create and enhance your brand awareness. Not forgetting the extra benefit that social media does with the SEO of your store. You are currently on Instagram and I will encourage you to consider facebook and Pinterest. Also, make the social icons easily accessible by placing it on either your header or footer of your store. 
Also consider retargeting to the users who have already visited your store. I will highly recommend AdGeek for this purpose. This free facebook retargeting service handles all the pesky setup processes for you at NO COST. It is highly remarkable and their customer service team is ready to die for you.
I hope my comments helps as you pursue greatness, Emily. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey Emily,

I love the idea and your content is very good I think!

Your product could make a killing with Facebook ads since it is a relatively impulsive purchase and people on Facebook are generally not in a purchase mode unless they are "nurtured" enough. Try to make different campaigns with different objectives (one campaign where you just directly sell, one retargeting campaign, one campaign for your subscribers, etc). I will send you an email so you can be pointed in the right direction. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Emily!

I've noticed that when I pay for ads on Facebook, it doesn't necessarily drive sales but it does bring "likes" to my page. With Facebook, its pay to play all the way. I haven't found much success with it, other than to boost my "likes".

I mainly drive sales through Instagram, but it's not through ads. I am constantly partnering with bloggers...sending them product to review and collaborating with giveaways. This is the business model I've been using since I started my company 5 years ago, and it's still working to this day!

I checked out your site and it's great. I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this issue, but when I click on "Shop" in the menu bar, I'm unable to click on the drop down menu. It disappears when I scroll my mouse over it. Just thought I'd let you know. 

Good luck with everything!

Jessica Illulian

Founder/Owner

www.originalbeautybox.com

https://www.instagram.com/originalbeautybox/

https://www.facebook.com/OriginalBeautyBox/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4 0 5

Hey Emily,

I grew Naturebox from $0 in Facebook spend to 7 figures in spend (profitably), and your product/market is similar, so there is hope.

First and foremost, you need to build a foundation in your account so you can test and learn quickly. I recommend you read the Facebook Blueprint for starters.

I teach a 4 hour class on this and could go on for longer, so do you have a more specific question I could help with? Feel free to reach out through my company site at Metric Digital.

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4 0 5

Hey Emily,

I grew Naturebox from $0 in Facebook spend to 7 figures in spend (profitably), and your product/market is similar, so there is hope.

First and foremost, you need to build a foundation in your account so you can test and learn quickly. I recommend you read the Facebook Blueprint for starters.

I teach a 4 hour class on this and could go on for longer, so do you have a more specific question I could help with? Feel free to reach out through my company site at Metric Digital.

Thanks,

Kevin

1 Like