Why Are Bloggers Refusing to Take My Money???

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

I have been running my shop where I sell organic seasonings at www.kissedbythesunspiceco.com for a few months with good sales and I am exploring new ways to drive traffic to the store. I put out recipes with proffessional photos that my customers enjoy and I am trying to guest write or get my content on bloggers websites. I have approached a couple dozen now and get little responses back and some won't even give me the option to pay them for a feature. Is there a site or resource where I can find good bloggers with food themed content rather than just wandering on the web? What's the best way to approach them. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
34 0 3

Try some google-fu. Use the following as a search term in google 

inurl:blog "write for us" "food"

Since they are looking for content providers they should be a lot more open :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
122 0 7

Your site look so clean!

You might want to also use a tool like https://www.hotjar.com/ to look at some screen recordings. I'm on the free plan! 

Tees by Aidan is a high quality clothing retailer made by and for people who want to stand out. We sell a wide variety of casual apparel designed for young adults. All designs are made by graphic designer Aidan Toole. Tees by Aidan is based in Philadelphia. www.teesbyaidan.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5 0 0

Great looking shop!

A great place to look for food-bloggers is on Instagram.

You can start by visiting the Instagram pages of food-bloggers with large followings and then reaching out to their engaged followers/ the bloggers they follow on Instagram.

Some merchants have found success in this area by gifting these influencers product to review on their blogs in exchange for a feature on their blog/Instagram page. (They're looking for content, and reviews are an easy way for most bloggers to generate posts and provide an external link to your shop.) You can even provide their readers with a discount code or offer, driving further traffic to your site.

As added value, you can tell them they have the opportunity to be featured on your blog, and that you will link back to their blogs + social media accounts. 

A lot of bloggers will do this for exposure/external links. This way the collaboration is mutually beneficial.

0 Likes