Why Custom Audience List on Facebook created by Shopify is ten times lesser than it should be?

Solved
Fabricio_C
4 0 0

Hi, I just connected our Shopify store with Facebook app, Shopify automatically creates a Facebook Custom Audience "Shopify - website customers custom audience" on Facebook, but the Custom Audience list on Facebook is just a around 1 thousand people, but we have 10k Customers subscribed to our email newsletter (accepts marketing) on Shopify dashboard, I've contacted Shopify Support team, and they said that they need to ask Facebook for this since 3 days ago.

I am asking if anyone know the reason of this and how to fix it? Many thanks.

0 Likes
Niki_S
Explorer
71 5 15

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Fabricio_C ,

it's common that after uploading the email list to Facebook (either via Shopify or manually), the audience is much smaller (approximately 40 - 60%). The reason is that not all people use the same email on Facebook and for subscribing to your newsletter (or when making an order). However, you wrote that you have only around 1 thousand people out of 10K (basically 10%), so in this case, I would wait for Shopify if they get some information from Facebook.

Or you can export the contacts from Shopify and upload the list manually to Facebook.

0 Likes
Fabricio_C
4 0 0

Hi @Niki_S ,

Thanks for your reply. I accept the logic that not everyone use their Facebook account email to order on our website, but I am not sure if it means that Facebook will only filter out those who use their Facebook account email to order on our website to create the Facebook Custom Audience.

But now, I will just manually add our subscribed Customers on Shopify to the Facebook Custom Audience created by Shopify, guess it won’t make much difference.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Niki_S
Explorer
71 5 15

Hi @Fabricio_C,

it depends on how Facebook is successful in pairing the contacts. However, try uploading the list manually and let me know what the result is (very curious to see the result).

0 Likes
Fabricio_C
4 0 0

Hi @Niki_S Will do and share the result in these few days once its done.

0 Likes