Why aren't Google showing my Adwords ad as much as they could?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

I have an advert running for one specific keyword phrase. When I search for that phrase I don’t see my ad in Google (I meet all the criteria that I set for the audience targeting).

I’ve tried several times on different days and I never see the ad.

I know the ad is working because some traffic has come through it but I don’t go anywhere near my daily budget each day. Why aren’t Google showing it more to take me to my daily budget?

When I’ve searched the phrase there have never been any other ads showing for the search, so it’s not like other people are out-bidding me.

Have you got any advice?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi Sarah,

Only use Adwords preview and diagnosis tool to preview your ads. 

There are multiple causes for this to happen

1. Adwords has a very complex algorithm. If you search something and never clicked on a particular ad google bot will realize that the specific ad is not relevant to you.
  2. Your keyword might be broad keyword and keyword might be showing ads for different but related search terms.
  3. Your keyword quality score might be too low.

Hope that helps:)

Account Coordinator @ ppctheory.com.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

Hi Katy. Thanks for your reply.

1. I've never seen or clicked on an ad for my website in Google, so I'm sure that can't be the reason.

2. It's actually a really narrow specific keyword.

3. Possibly but I would have thought they could only determine keyword quality once they've shown the ad to plenty of people. It's only had 118 impressions in the past 30 days since I started it.

It's also worth me mentioning that the click through rate on those 118 impressions was 4.24%, which I believe is quite good.

It just seems weird that Google isn't taking the opportunity to take more money from me!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

That's wired. We can take a look at your campaigns if you want.

Email me: hi@ppctheory.com

- Katy

Account Coordinator @ ppctheory.com.
0 Likes