Would LOVE your input and feedback - slow traffic and low sales on aged website. Thank you!

ItsPersonalized
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi all,

Our company has been in business (brick and mortar), and had a website for nearly 16 years. We moved from another web company to Shopify last year at this time, and at first, we received orders. But, it's like the more that we do to the site, the less traffic and sales we have. It's like it gets less, and less, and less attention. Most of our orders have been repeat customers, which we adore, but we cant grow without new customers, too.  We do not know what to attribute this to as our website did fairly well before the move. And, certainly held its own and made money. Thank goodness we have a brick and mortar store that does well, we would really be in trouble. It's so disappointing, at a time when web sales are up, ours is nearly nonexistent. And, there's been SO SO SO SO much time put into the move of our website with the new design and resetting all of the products and all. Oh, we are just so discouraged and we would LOVE any thoughts and suggestions that any who reads this has. Thank you, kindly. 

The website is: www.EnchantedMemoriesBranson.com - 

0 Likes
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 27 272

Hey!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I'm sorry to hear you're getting less traffic than you're used to. Your site and products look great.

Shopify is hosting your website but you are responsible for driving traffic to your own store, just like you would on any other platform (other than marketplaces). We are optimized for SEO so that certainly helps, although you'll need to go over the guide to ensure you are doing everything recommended to ensure you are showing up in Google searches. Make sure you have submitted your sitemap to Google.

What are you doing to market your store? Without that information, it's difficult for me to advise you on traffic. How many visitors do you get in the average month? What is your conversion rate? You can find this information in your Shopify Analytics.

The more you can tell me, the easier it will be for me to help point you in the right direction.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Danishecom
Tourist
175 4 16

@ItsPersonalized 

Hello there as you said in the commit you moved your store on shopify when you moved store on other hosting website you forget you lose the google ranking because all your data reindex in google so google start reading again what rank or traffic your newly site deserves.
i am giving you some suggestion please follow this suggestion also i am sending you website link into inbox how your website look like to grab new customers.
1 change the color of your store just i have seen you used 1 color. put at least 3 color and design well. 2 add app that gives you to upload their photo for customizing i have not seen this feature in your store and your store related to customize products this is mistake make it correct.
3 add a review on your store so new ppl can trust easily and buy your product.
4 Do marketing of your store on social media so new buyers come to buy from your store.
5 In case you need my help to design your store or for digital marketing connect with me on yupsoftware4@gmail.com so we can make solid strategy for your business.
please see the below picture just as a demo to make your store like this. and check out your inbox. thank you.

custome.PNG

0 Likes
yu91
Tourist
21 0 2

I'd suggest you run some google ads search campaigns for your products. Not only does running some paid ads help with getting more sales, it can help with getting your website to re-rank on Google because of the increased traffic. 

We created a tool that lets you really easily create Google Ads search campaigns using info from your product feed. We automate the process of putting the product name in H1 and can essentially create 100 of ads for 100s of products in minutes instead of hours, as would be the case in Google Ads. Here's a link to the tool aori.com/ecom-tool. 

0 Likes
ItsPersonalized
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello, thank you for the comment! We do have an upload image on all of the gifts that we can engrave a photo on? Odd that you didn't see that? Thank you for the other thoughts, too.

0 Likes
ItsPersonalized
Tourist
8 0 1

Thank you. We will have a look into that. 

0 Likes
ItsPersonalized
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi Aria!

Thank you for the comments. I will hit on each one at a time, and maybe you can help a bit more, if you wouldn't mind?

YOU SAID: Shopify is hosting your website but you are responsible for driving traffic to your own store, just like you would on any other platform (other than marketplaces). We are optimized for SEO so that certainly helps, although you'll need to go over the guide to ensure you are doing everything recommended to ensure you are showing up in Google searches. Make sure you have submitted your sitemap to Google.

My reply: I have to be honest and tell you that we have never done anything to drive traffic in. Perhaps it was because we had been around for awhile that our site was getting the traffic and sales it was before moving it over to shopify? Is it true that we lost all of our "age credibility" when we switched over? I didn't realize that at all, if that's the case! I will read up on the SEO link that you shared and I ill submit the sitemap. I guess I just figured that it went over to Google automatically when you published the page. 

YOU SAID: What are you doing to market your store? Without that information, it's difficult for me to advise you on traffic. How many visitors do you get in the average month? What is your conversion rate? You can find this information in your Shopify Analytics

My reply: As I mentioned above, we haven't ever done anything to market the store. Odd, I know. The sales just came. We have, just recently, put our shop on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and added it to Google through the app on shopify. In January, for example, we had 799 visitors, with 6 sessions reaching checkout. The online conversion rate was 0.6%! For February, the conversion rate is (month to date) 0.23%, with 398 visitors. 

The more you can tell me, the easier it will be for me to help point you in the right direction. I sure do appreciate you taking the time to reply to my question, and appreciate any help or guidance you have. Thank you so much!

0 Likes
ItsPersonalized
Tourist
8 0 1

Well, I lied.. I've done so much work on the site that I must have forgotten that I had done that. Here's my screenshot. Guess it doesn't really matter if other see it at this point. It does update automatically, right? When I make changes or add new products. The second screenshot shows that there are no errors, but it does show that there are 152 excluded? 

ItsPersonalized_0-1613416493840.png

ItsPersonalized_1-1613416602679.png

0 Likes
ItsPersonalized
Tourist
8 0 1

::: DEEP GASP ::: I just realized that the app for the customization had been inadvertently deleted! OMG! All of our products that on them, and I am in the process of correcting this as we speak. This doesn't explain everything, but it sure explains why things have been really slow for the past 10 days!!! 

0 Likes
ItsPersonalized
Tourist
8 0 1

Ok, the mishap has been corrected, and we have everything working nicely again. Whew! If you wouldn't mind, now that that has been fixed, having another look around. Thank you, kindly.

0 Likes