Yotpo (free) reviews do NOT help SEO? Alternatives that have SEO benefit?

Excursionist
94 0 7

Thanks PJ

Do you know if there are plans to offer a Q&A and the coupon codes at some stage in the future?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
78 0 8

Hi Rachel,

For coupons we need product_write permissions (unless something has changed in Shopify) so we're thinking of an add-on app for this kind of marketing automation in the future. Future being second half of 2016 most likely.

Q&A is not directly planned, but can you tell me what you're looking for exactly?

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

So we are considering swithcing as well...you can upload past reviews with an export? share to social media is that part of your $15 a month plan. I can't believe Yotpo thinks $499 is reasonable for simple social share features, what a rip off! Glad to have that off my chest.

Best,

Steve

www.oncoregolf.com

1 Like
Shopify Partner
78 0 8

Hi Steve,

1) Yes there is an import function, we even write code specifically per import source (Yotpo, Shopify Reviews app, etc) so you don't need to alter anything to the CSV you receive from your previous app. We also have export CSV in case you want to leave us.

2) No social media yet, but it's relatively simple so want to add it soon. Do you want to post to Twitter, Facebook, something else? And all reviews or with some logic like "only reviews with at least x stars and/or coming from verified buyers"?

1 Like
Shopify Partner
15 0 5

Social share for individual reviews would be nice. We're noticing a slight lower review rate since the switch, but overall quite happy. I might think about some options around styling or other features around follow up emails to purchasers before social. Overall still really happy with app and your connection to users is incredible.

On our wish list for social sharing:

• Ability to manually share a single review to FB and twitter with link back to the product page. 
  • Ability to auto share any review over a certain rating (e.g. any review of 4+ gets shared when it goes public). 
  • Ability to limit auto sharing to reviews from verified buyers
  • Abilty to queue reviews that post at particular times. As an example, post no more than two reviews per day and post them between 6pm and 9pm to Twitter, where additional posts are held for future days.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
78 0 8

Hi Kurt,

1) I agree we need to improve the email effectiveness. For now:

- Please let me know if your product page opens pop-ups or hides the widget behind a tab. We have code to automatically hide those popups and click those tabs for our verified buyer links. We just need to know the css classes/ids to add it to our code for your shop. In our new settings page we're working on this will become a setting and explained.

- Please send me the review request HTML template if you have one (and it should include the required variable {{ product_url }} ). We already have the code to send any HTML, just need to fix a bug in the html editor we use to have that functionality in the settings.

2) For social media I was planning the first 3 items you listed. The 4th is a nice idea, we'll consider it.

3) In terms of priority, with the Western new year now and Chinese new year in early Feb we think we have some more time to do both. Social media takes 1 day max 2 to code, just need to finish the new settings first.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
15 0 5

PJ, I don't have a current HTML email template for asking for reviews but would create one if I could use it. No rush on it, and am overall happy, but it might help conversions.

0 Likes
Excursionist
224 0 14

Hi Kurt, 

You can also check out Kudobuzz Social Reviews (https://apps.shopify.com/kudobuzz-testimonials), Kudobuzz is built with everything social in mind, you can collect and showcase your reviews coming in from Facebook, Twitter, G+ and Yelp as well as business and After sales reviews. You can also promote your reviews back to Facebook and Twitter pages with our Smart Auto share system which is helping our merchants increase sales by 15%. See our app reviews for yourself and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

SEO Doctor App (https://apps.shopify.com/kudobuzz-seo)
0 Likes
Excursionist
224 0 14

Hi Steve, 

Kudobuzz Social Reviews (https://apps.shopify.com/kudobuzz-testimonials), Kudobuzz is built with everything social in mind, you can collect and showcase your reviews coming in from Facebook, Twitter, G+ and Yelp as well as business and After sales reviews. You can also promote your reviews back to Facebook and Twitter pages with our Smart Auto share system which is helping our merchants increase sales by 15%.

Kudobuzz also supports Question and Answers, Richsnippet and the ability to reward reviewers with coupons. There is always a forever free plan , $14.99 and $29.99 plan. Let me know if you need help testing and setting up, I will be happy to. Checkout our reviews on shopify app store too.

Thanks

/David

SEO Doctor App (https://apps.shopify.com/kudobuzz-seo)
1 Like
Shopify Partner
78 0 8

Quick update: Judge.me just launched a much improved email editor, so now you can do the following customizations to all our email templates:

- Edit the HTML directly

- Add images

- Add embedded video

Please have a look at the app settings, you can send yourself a sample email to check your HTML edits before saving them. Please contact us if you need help customizing your emails, we are here to help you!

0 Likes