brooklyn- dropdown menu background colour change and opacity

6 0 0

Hi there, 

I have been trying to find out how to change the colour of the dropdown menu background only but have been very unsuccessful. 

I have located the where abouts of the dropdown menu code but for some reason what ever I change it too it won't work 

HELP!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
142 0 15

Hi Jack,

Brian here from the Shopify support team :)

I can show you how to do so - Just follow these steps:

- In your Admin, go to Online Store > Themes > Beside the blue Customize theme button, click the button with the three small dots and then choose this option "Edit HTML/CSS".

- In the Assets folder, choose the theme.scss.liquid file.

- Search for line 2519, and you will see the variable "background-color:" - http://take.ms/FMXIH. Change that color to what you want, and you will be good to go. (Use a hexadecimal value for the color - Example: #FF0000 being red).

This will help you out, and if you need more guidance with this, just reply to my answer :)

Kind regards,

Brian
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi there, 

thanks a lot but not the entire drop down is not the colour i want it to be. please could you help me and make the text on the header and the dropdowns white? 

regards

Jack

0 Likes
2 0 0

It's in styless.sccs.liquid recently and looks something like this:

@mixin background-opacity($color, $opacity: 0.5) {
background: $color;
background: rgba($color, $opacity);
}

@mixin text-opacity($color, $opacity: 0.5) {
color: $color;
color: rgba($color, $opacity);

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

@Dannis I don't have a "styless.sccs.liquid" in my Brooklyn, has he name changed in later versions? I find some @mixin-lines in theme.scss.liquid but not @mixin background.

Thanks on before hand

0 Likes