discrepancy, between Facebook Ad purchase conversion values, compared to Shopify

Highlighted
2 0 0

Is anyone having a discrepancy, between Facebook Ad purchase conversion values, compared to Shopify sales revenue? The discrepancy is mainly for purchases from Brazil. In our Facebook business manager it will show multiple purchases made from Brazil, with purchase conversion values correlating to the purchases, but in Shopify it will show a much lower number, and on some days, we'll have 10 or more purchases showing in our Brazil campaign, but it will show no orders at all made from Brazil in Shopify. Not sure if this is also true for other countries or regions, but there is a huge discrepancy between our Brazil Facebook campaign, and the orders from Brazil in our Shopify. We were excited to see an average roas of 4x, but in reality it is 0x. Just seeing if anyone has experienced anything like this, and if so, what is the issue, and how can it be resolved?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
585 60 109

Hi @oralyco,

Hyde here from Shopify. That's a great question!

So as I understand it, you're saying that you can see multiple orders placed through your Facebook Business Manager, but that the same orders are not showing up in Shopify?

This may be because the customer has opted to checkout on Facebook (using Facebook's checkout) as opposed to checking out on your website. Shopify does not have access to the order information on the Facebook checkout so it will not be recorded in your store.

20-11-89m3c-gpqm1

To check out on your website, they can select "View on website" to be redirected to your Shopify store where they can complete their purchase.

20-11-5c2td-hsz3j

Only then would Shopify be able to record the order made, as it would have been made through the Shopify platform.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes