3 0 0
Hi Julie,

Yes, I did submit the sitemap.xml, removed everything, then resubmitted
several times over three days ... always receiving the "could not fetch"
each time.

I chatted with Sarah Jane Toriente C at Shopify last night for quite some
time and after she checked with your domain team she advised that
apparently Google no longer will recognize the .myshopify.com. The only
way to correct this is to purchase a separate domain name.

Here is the chat stream -

[image: image.png]

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Julie,

Not sure the chat stream went through, so I am attaching it again here:

GOOGLE FETCH ERROR - SHOPIFY RESPONSE.jpeg

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
255 25 53

Thanks for passing along this screenshot. Having a myshopify.com URL shouldn't matter, as long as it's your primary domain. I apologize for the misinformation you received. 

As long as you are submitting the sitemap associated with your primary domain and your storefront password is disabled, then you should be able to successfully submit the sitemap.xml file. If you are still receiving the "could not fetch" error after trying to resubmit, this is normal behaviour. Google recently introduced a new Google Search Console, and this is a known bug. There's actually a thread in the Google Search Console Community relating to this. Typically, the "could not fetch" status will change, but it can take up to a few weeks for Google to update the status on your end. 

My recommendation is to wait a little bit longer. If you are still seeing the "could not fetch" message after a few weeks have passed, then you can always use the "Submit feedback" option in Google Search Console to report your issue to Google. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes