help with marketing

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
49 0 1

I need help getting my company out and marketing. i don't have a budget.

0 Likes

Success.

Your best strategy on a low budget is to go DIY route - that's how we all started and learned everything ourselves. Read marketing blogs, watch video tutorials on YouTube [like these: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+promote+my+online+store+for+free], see how other online stores in your niche promote their products and copy their technique - that's a great way to start. 

Get 7-day FREE trial with your SEO package! We won't charge you if you don't like it: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/seo/
1 Like
Excursionist
49 0 1

Thank u very much! Would it be possible to check out my store and give me your feedback? Link www.thestripesinme.com

0 Likes

Absolutely - happy to review your store, I should be able to do it later this week. 

Get 7-day FREE trial with your SEO package! We won't charge you if you don't like it: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/seo/
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1322 32 131

Hi @TheStripesInMe,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Marketing is probably one of the if not the hardest part of starting an online store. There are so many different ways you can take to approach marketing and it will be different for each store. Having a limited/ no budget also makes it that little bit more difficult. However, there are some great marketing tactics you can look into applying with no budget that has proven to be successful. 

• Organic Instagram Engagement - Organic Instagram engagement is a very effective method of building your brand and getting your company out to a wider audience. While it is very cost efficient in terms of money, it is quite a time-consuming method. The concept is quite simple where it involves you being very active on Instagram, researching your competitors, hashtags, users and more. By finding people or posts related to the topic of your store (Pets, Sports, Art, Movies etc.) and directly interacting with the users who you know have an interest in the topic of your store. You know they are already a fan of the topic, the trick is to engage with them (but not by pushing hard for a sale), so they notice you but doing this in a genuine fashion. If you sound too sales like it will put them off, but if you just have a real conversation, they will more than likely shoot you a follow and check out your profile and that can lead to anywhere. A top Shopify expert interviewed a store owner who implemented this tactic with great success which I would recommend listening to here
  • Content Planning - Content planning is somewhat linked to the first point above. After getting a following from your engagement, then what? Adding some of your own content. Once you have someone's attention and they follow you, you want them to remember they are following you with your own content, but also not to be annoying and have poor posts of your own. Content planning is a strategic way of mapping out your content to get the maximum out of each post and not only maintain your current following, but add to the following even further. The Shopify Masters podcast team did an interview with a store which is exceptional at this that would be worth your while listening to here
  • Extra Content - Apart from Instagram posts and engagement, other social media profiles could be a potential option. Most stores would have a Facebook and Twitter presence also. But apart from social media, you could look at starting a blog and working on your SEO, specifically your keywords. By sharpening up your keywords and starting a blog, it will greatly improve your overall SEO and help get your company/ brand out there. An app for SEO is something else which could also be useful to you. 

I think a common theme is that the smaller your budget is the greater the time cost you will have to get your name out there. Creating content and actively searching rather than paying for an ad and having it come to you directly. While these tactics and methods might not be paid ads, they are and can be just as good and as effective when done correctly.

I know that is a lot of information to absorb but I hope it helps you in the future! 🙂

All the best, Nick

Let me know if you've found this helpful and by hitting solved.
0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 4

Hey,

Anna from HelpfulCrowd Product Review and Q&A app.

Also don't miss out on harnessing the best Free, marketing team you will every find - your own customers!

It's never too early to start collecting reviews as many studies show that more than 80% of customer trust reviews as much as family and friends personal recommendations.

HelpfulCrowd has a free plan for starting stores and the best thing? You get all our Premium features, regardless of plan...even on Free!

Be sure to check us out and good luck with your other marketing strategies!

Kind regards,

Anna | HelpfulCrowd Product Review App and Q&A

Turning More Shoppers Into Customers

Hope this helps

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello, I am Ieva and I am a team member of two Shopify apps, also everyday dealing how to increase the number of app downloads. And yes, this is really marketing issue. As advertising apps is expensive undertaking - and spending money doesn’t always guarantee results, we’ve just created and launched, I suppose, really promising platform for Shopify developers. 

Please check - connectplus.io It's FREE banner exchange platform (even no credit card details needed) where you put script to your app and show other dev banners. Moreover, you can easily monitor your ad’s performance through the platform dashboard and see how many views and clicks your ad has received in real-time. If you check it, your feedback would be more than welcome! Thanks.

0 Likes