high traffic no sales

Solved
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
485 13 109

Hey, @RegRud!

Thank you for confirming your store URL. 

I took a look at your store and I'm happy to give you feedback. 

I would recommend you use a logo to help build your brand, rather than sticking with plain text. If you don't have the budget for a designer at the moment, you could make your own using Hatchful. You've also got your 'Get 10% off' tab hiding part of your store name: 

19-10-zns9z-o0xmr

This next image is looking pixelated which indicates it's too small for the space. The image and text are both being cut off as well: 

High-resolution images work best. Here are some guidelines to help you out with the size: 

These sizes should work both for the slideshow and the image with text overlay options. You can find more guidance in this document.

Your site will flow better if your product and collection images are a uniform size and the same style. These three images are very different from each other: 

Your product and collection images can be any size up to 4472 x 4472 px, or 20 megapixels. Files need to be smaller than 20 MB to be added to Shopify.

High-resolution photos look more polished and professional to your customers. For square product images, a size of 2048 x 2048 px usually looks best. You can find out more about image best practises in this guide

I think creating urgency is a great thing but it's best to be subtle about it. Check out this blog post for tips on how to do that professionally. The popup on the bottom left is distracting and doesn't look genuine: 

I would edit the number of collections per row so that it looks balanced. If you had six collections, it would look good with 3 per row but as it is, I think 5 in the one row would look best: 

It would be great to have a drop-down menu to get to each collection, instead of just one menu going to your collections list page:

I like the fact you have a contact form but I'd suggest putting a physical address or mailing address on that page as well. It will make your store look less anonymous and boost confidence with your customers. It's also worth adding a chat function to your store to make it quick and easy for customers to reach out with their questions. The Facebook Messenger Channel is a great option, or if you're an iPhone user, you could consider Shopify Chat

Make sure your refund policy is specific to your store. If you just use the template, you are mentioning products you don't sell. It is just intended to be an example policy. A shipping policy page would be a good idea as well. At the moment, customers won't know how much your shipping costs without going all the way to checkout. They will also be curious to know if you ship worldwide or just certain countries, how long shipping is likely to take, etc. In the Header menu of the free Shopify themes, there is an announcement bar option. Some people use that to announce something like, 'FREE worldwide shipping on orders over $50' or whatever your policy is:

Other than that, what sort of marketing plan have you come up with? Have you identified your target audience and how to reach them? I recommend you start to build a community around your brand with a Facebook and Instagram page. You can link them to your footer by going to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Social Media.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
3 0 0

This was EXTREMELY helpful!  Thank you so much

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
485 13 109

Any time! I'm glad I was able to help out. 🙂

0 Likes
Excursionist
19 0 3

Hi!

I too have high traffic but no sales. I have done small advertising campaigns with GOOGLE, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST. I have about 150/day to my site. I had SHOPIFY check it technically and said all was fine. I even had 45 at one time - nothing.

My store is:

www.silverbeautyproducts.com

I just installed a Wheel of Fortune game and am trying make it the landing page or big at home page. I have also offered discount coupons on all my advertising.

I don’t know what else to do. I don’t want to invest in more bells and whistles, I would rather spend that on advertising. However if I can’t get a sale that may be moot.

HELP!

Geri

ghertel@gmail.com 

othing. EA63DD16-7854-443C-8372-12731930DC26.jpegMy store is:

38208E2C-140B-4BFD-8506-4E596F2CDB33.png

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi!

Thank you for providing such good info in this space!
I tell you that I recently migrated my store, until a few months ago was selling in a marketplace.
I'm having a very high percentage of rebound, no sales. I did several campaigns aimed at Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, aimed at the public we are looking for.
We have optimized the SEO of the page, also the size of the images, and improved the navigability, but we do not know what is happening.
My address is https://olaFan.myshopify.com.
I would appreciate some tips or suggestions!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
485 13 109

Hello, @GeriHertel and @OlaFan !

Aria here.

We'd love to help you out with your stores but please start your own thread here so this one doesn't get too confusing.

Thank you.

0 Likes