marketing strategies

Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 4

Hey guys!

So I've written up a little marketing strategy to implement which can also be applied to your store! I'd love any thoughts or input you may have to help get the most out of everything.

There's three overall goals with objectives to achieve them. These are as follows:

Goal 1. Increase email database subscriptions by 25% before the end of January 2018.

Objective A - run competition to win a hamper of our products which requires customers to be signed up to enter. I've also be thinking about using a free software to run this which counts things like social shares as extra entries in to the competition. This will be shared on social channels and emailed out to the current database.

Objective B - create landing page which can be displayed on a tablet for customers to sign up at the local markets. Little backstory, we sell out products at various nearby markets on the weekends. customers will receive $5 off their order when they sign up to the mailing list.

Objective C - ads on Facebook 'sign up now', or something along those lines which links them to a sign up landing page. This will be remarketed to users who have already visited our website.

Goal 2. Increase traffic from new users by ??% by ?? (I'll need some help to make this specific yet achievable, any ideas?)

Objective A - Google AdWords searh campaigns for specific product categories (e.g., body, face, hair), well targeted.

Objective B - reach out to influencers and bloggers, offer them our products without specifically asking for a review or wanting anything from them upfront, just to try and be different from all the other brands who want something. Once a relationship is built (if they like the products) then we can look at a greater partnership and offer coupon codes for their audience and asking them for links from their blog to our website.

Objective C - Facebook ads to mailchi lookali audience. Liking them to our website.

Goal 3. Increase organic rankings.

Objective A - Find a copywriter on Fiverr to write fortnightly blogs (I'll give guidance as to what I want them to be about)

Objective B - reach out to retail outlets currently stocking our products and make sure they're linking to our website.

So that's all I've got for now. I'm also thinking about joining an affiliate network like shareasale to increase sales. I don't have much knowledge of this so any first hand experience learnings would be appreciated.

Thanks guys! I hope this gives you some ideas to get your marketing up and running ??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
50 0 2

Hi Dale,

Thanks for the marketing ideas, but the most important thing to get traffic and organic search is to build backlinks and social profiles, then you can start your campaign.

Jodyshop Technologies, Inc. @ Jodyshop.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 4

Thanks Jody, I'll definitely start to work on that now :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
72 0 8

Hi Dale,

Here's a nice little Shopify Marketing checklist for you to get started with: http://gopollen.com/shopify-marketing-checklist.

A summary of how to market your Shopify store is below:

Display Advertising on Facebook and across the Web

Ads are an easy way to increase traffic (even if they cost money). The important thing is to focus on quality over quantity when it comes to traffic. I’d rather have 100 likely to buy visitors instead of 1,000 “window shopper” visitors.

Retargeting ads are also super awesome. Basically, they’re ads that show up on websites to people who have already visited your store. These ads cost money, but can be a valuable addition to your marketing efforts if your targeting is nearly perfect. There are Shopify apps that do a great job of handling FB ads for you.

Email Marketing

If you’re going to use email marketing, install a pop-up app that collects emails of website visitors. I personally recommend a small pop up on the bottom right so it doesn’t annoy your visitors.

Collect the emails of visitors to your site so you can nurture them. How effective is email marketing? This study shows that marketers can enjoy an ROI up to 4300% if they manage to do it right. Many marketers use email marketing to boost their sales.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO)

SEO is one of the best marketing channels period, but it takes time to see results. It’s a long term project that can bring in more website traffic and sales than you ever dreamed. The best way to take advantage of SEO with Shopify is to write blog posts relevant to your niche. If you’re selling luxury clothing, write blog posts about the luxury lifestyle.

There are tools to help you with SEO like SEMrush. I’m not affiliated with SEMrush in any way, I just think their product is amazing and I’m a huge fan. When it comes to SEO, also check out some of the Shopify SEO apps. They do a great job in helping you manage SEO without having to spend a fortune on SEO agencies.

Social Media Marketing (SMM)

Social media marketing is one of the most phenomenal digital marketing methods to enhance brand awareness. There are over 2.4 billion social media users all over the world, and you can utilize popular social media platforms to reach potential customers from all over the world. Market your business on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn.

Influencer Marketing

“Influencer Marketing” is the new buzz word among marketers. This digital marketing method involves hiring influencers, people with a strong fan base on various social media platforms, to promote their brands, offers, and products. Influencer marketing is fantastic for building brand awareness, but don’t rely on it to drive sales.

Hope this helps!

Put your Facebook Ads on Autopilot - http://gopollen.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

Regarding your objective for influencers, I would recommend this guide https://www.withintheflow.com/instagram-influencers/ which will save you a lot of time as well as from falling into the trap of partnering with a bunch of seemingly relevant influencers who have a lot of followers. If you're going to spend money on them or partner with them, do it right. There's tools and procedures for everything.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 4

What a great guide, thanks so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
42 0 6

Wow, that's very detailed:) I'd like to add one thing - increasing social media following. This will come in handy for Facebook Ads as well. 

The most effective thing in growing engagement and followers on social media is interesting content. But I can see that you have a lot on your plate and finding and posting such content can take forever. And you might not have time for that. I'd suggest that you try Q-rator to find and schedule fantastic content on your socia channels. Learn more about it here: Q-rator

For Instagram, you can use the OrangeTwig hashtag research tool to find the most relevant and engaged hashtags. Hashtags are crucial for growing following. Here's more information about the tool: Hashtag Research

Also, don't forget to make your posts clickable. As you know posts aren't clickable on Instagram and that can result in low conversions as buyers have to hunt for products on the website. Use OrangeTwig to make your posts clickable. Here's how: Clickable Posts

And you can try all these tools that I just mentioned for FREE here: OrangeTwig 

Oh and for tips on selling more, do check out this Facebook group - Seller Success 

- Akanksha 

https://goo.gl/iyAqha
0 Likes