my website is not showing up in google search

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I have set up the sitemap link in the google search console but it's been close to three weeks and my website is not showing up in google search..is there anything else I can do?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
702 53 157

It might need more time to start ranking, especially a new site ranking for general terms will be difficult at first.

If you search for an exact long tail phrase on that page and it still isn't showing in the first few pages, log into your Google Search Console and "inspect the URL"... and check the crawl stats. Those 2 points should give you some insights.

Ways to rank your site faster:

- Get other sites to link to your site/page

- Social media shares

- Running some PPC to the site/page might help (you'll get time on page stats, user engagement, action to your site, etc)

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

sitemap link is good, but have you been sure to add SEO to all your photos, custom edit your SEO on products and on the general pages of your website?

1 year e-commerce, 7 years B&M store. www.shopbraeheid.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

When I type my website name on google nothing comes up, how comes? I've submitted a sitemap on google search console. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
245 17 62

Hello @C6Medical,

Make sure you have done a good SEO for the store. If your website is quite new then yes it might take some time like weeks to months for the search engine like Google to completely crawl and add crawlability index to your website.

To appear in search results though, Google has to first find your website content. It used to take years to get your content found by Google and major search engines. Not any more. To get in front, and stay in front needs regular feeds to Google and Bing. We created flare to deliver search engine feeds on a regular basis without taking your time. For improving the website SEO rating, one of the main method is to get your site listed on search results, Google needs to crawl and index your content. This happens automatically over periods of days or weeks. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. 

Hope this helps,

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes