product title and SEO page title

DELONG_HUANG
Excursionist
49 0 6

Hi,

when I edit my product, there is the title on the top which is showing the product name on my website. does this "title" need to contain a keyword? I am trying to make it more concise so that people see it cleaner.

because on the bottom SEO section, there is also a page title that is showing when you google it. I thought as long as I put the keyword at the bottom, I don't need to put it at the top. thanks.

1.PNG

2.PNG

0 Likes

Hi there,

Having keywords in the title on the top makes customers understand your products immediately. They don't have to waste time and feel comfortable.

And your web brings the best experience for them.

Cheers,

SEO Booster Team

SEO Booster - The best Shopify SEO App
- Was our reply helpful? Click Like to let us know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Thank you!!!
0 Likes
Niki_S
Explorer
71 5 14

Hi @DELONG_HUANG,

I would definitely put the keyword in the title. Not only it's clearer for the users but also this title is rendered as h1 heading on your product page. Including your desired keywords in the h1 headings is very important for SEO. So, I would definitely do it.  

0 Likes
Propelguru
Trailblazer
308 7 42

Adding keywords to SEO page title will help you get higher in search result

Keywords appear in search results that people enter in search engines. For example, anyone can search for shoes in the USA. The keywords in this search would be  shoes and USA. In order for your store to appear above in the search results, you should try to figure out what keywords can be used for the idea of searching that your potential customers will use to find your products, and add those keywords to your SEO title to promote your product and put SEO title in each product.

There are four main areas where you can add keywords to improve the search engine optimization (SEO) for your online store:

•  SEO page titles
  • meta descriptions
  • ALT tags
  • a page’s body content
0 Likes