store not eligible for Instagram shopping

2 0 0

HI

Instagram won't accept my store for tagging, and I'm not sure why. Can anyone help please

Helen 

www.quirkyanimals.co.uk

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
405 44 69

Hey, @QuirkyAnimals!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear that you have not been approved for tagging, I know it must be frustrating. At the moment, the approval process is entirely handled by Instagram. We can only tell if a merchant has been approved, pending or rejected. We are not provided with any information on why they reject stores. 

You can check the commerce policy here to see if you are selling prohibited content. It also advises that if you are disapproved then you can appeal and they will take another look.

13-06-s0pt8-nr72l

I believe the best way to contact Instagram is to go to your 'Settings' in the mobile app, scroll down and tap 'Report a Problem'. You can explain the situation on the following page and ask Instagram to review why you're not being accepted for tagging. 

A few other things to check is that your Facebook sales channel is fully connected and running properly? You need to have a Facebook store which is approved by Facebook (approval takes about 48 hours after you set it up) before you can be approved for the Instagram Channel. 

I would also check the following: 

Make sure your products are set to be available on Facebook and Instagram (check under Sales Channels in the guide). 
Make sure you've converted your Instagram account to a business account.
Make sure you have the most up to date version of the Instagram app. 
You can find the rest of the requirements here if you want to double-check them. All of these must be adhered to before Instagram will accept you.

If you can't use the Instagram Channel, you can still use Instagram as a tool for marketing your products. There's an app in our store called InstaShop: Shoppable Instagram which has a free option. We also launched a great Instagram course on Shopify Academy. All Academy courses are free and run by successful store owners. You can enrol at any time here.

I hope this helps but don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thanks, have done everything you've said, Facebook shop is up and running, have a feeling its because Instagram think i'm selling real animals or animal products, other then that I meet there guidelines.

0 Likes