submitting all products to google base/google shopping

inkrefill
3 0 0

Hi, I just set up a shopify store and imported my old store from my own hosted website. With my old shopping cart script there's a button that generates a google base feed which I can then submit to google base(I actually set up an automatic fetch from my google merchant account to get that feed file every week). Now, with shopify, how do I generate that feed file and where is it located? Or is shopify doing that automatically? I'm not getting lots of traffic from googlebase but once in a while there's an order so why not. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
Wes_Grasty
Shopify Expert
35 0 4

Shopify has a google shopping app that u will need to download.  Also, did you do 301 redirects from your old site?

0 Likes
inkrefill
3 0 0

Thanks. I just found that app. Trying to figure out how to use it. What is a 301 redirect? Basically what I did was to export my products to a CSV file which I imported into shopify. They look ok with some editing within shopify. Then I pointed my old domain to shopify's CNAME and A record. So if I type in my old domain name I am landing in my shopify store now. 

0 Likes
john_roser
1 0 0

Best Health Plans, and diseases and conditions read more

Rocky Rogers
0 Likes
inkrefill
3 0 0

Spammers burn in hell

0 Likes
gummy
5 0 0

Shopify has a google shopping app that u will need to download.  Also, did you do 301 redirects from your old site?

Magento 2 social login
0 Likes