tracking fowarded urls

Highlighted
1 0 0

currently we have a different URL forwareded to our store. Is it possible to track the sales from cusotmers that come from that specific URL?

example 

www.mystore.com 

www.mystoresecondURL.com --fwds--> www.mystore.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
427 49 92

Hey, azai studios!

Lizzy here, I'm a Guru on the support team at Shopify.

It sounds like you might find UTM Parameters useful for tracking customers that have been redirected to your site. Using UTMs with your URL will add information onto the end of the link your customers are redirected to. This will make their visit uniquely trackable. We have a blog post which explains all about setting them up with Google Analytics.

How to Track Your Marketing Campaigns in Google Analytics

If you'd prefer to be able to see that information directly within your Shopify admin we have some great reporting apps you could use as well. The two I've linked below have integrations with Google Analytics. With these, you could use the two methods together. They're both free to install and have contact information on the app pages, so you can reach out to the developers and make sure the app will work for you before committing. 

Compass
Cyfe

I hope that helps to answer your question! Please let me know if you have any other questions about it.

Thank you, 
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes