0 sale

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1
Case-ty.com
Hi, I have done everything to grow my site. I run ads, I post on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Still no one outside my family has bought it. How do I go about getting sales? Can someone please help me.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
184 29 112

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Casety!

That’s a tough place to be in. You put in this hard work, pay money for ads and...nada. Let’s see what we can do to see those sales flow in.

First, the easy things:

1. Your Facebook link is broken. Also, make sure it opens in a new tab.
  2. Make sure your Instagram link opens in a new tab. 
  3. Add a Favicon
  4. Carry the COVID-19 delayed and free shipping to all pages.
  5. Encourage reviews! You may have zero sales now, but it’s a great time to add a review request in your purchase confirmation email. 
  6. Run a poll with a question like, “What phone case would you like us to carry?” with options. It’ll help you find feedback on what your customers want to buy. 

Now let’s dive in further.

Homepage

Your homepage doesn’t feel much like a homepage. What if, instead of jumping into the products, you promoted your collections instead? Or asked a quiz to determine what type of phone case they are looking for? 

The reason is that when you just have your “Tasty Features” as the homepage, customers don’t know if those are just iPhone cases or Samsung cases. 

This is where heatmaps would help your efforts. You could see exactly where people are clicking (or not clicking) and how far they scroll on your homepage. Maybe you need a stronger footer with your About Us page and Contact page. You should also consider adding pages for shipping information, refund information, how to care for your cases, etc. 

I also suggest using heatmaps to determine if you need the “Stay tuned for more cases.” Unless there’s an invitation to join a mailing list, it’s not adding anything to your site. 

Navigation
Session recordings are your answer for navigation. You could watch people as they actually navigate through your website. So you could actually see where they clicked, how they were moving, etc.

The reason I mention session recordings is that I don’t feel like your organization is the best it could be. For example, in the iPhone collection there’s no way to filter to my specific iPhone. Even if most/all of your cases have options for most iPhones, your customers don’t know that.

In addition to sort for iPhone makes, consider adding filters for:

• Colors
  • Material
  • Transparency level
  • Texture
  • Characters

Make it easy for customers to find what they are looking for. When your customers find what they are looking for, they are happier and more primed to complete the sale.

Product pages
Let’s take your 3D iPhone case page. If you used session recordings, you could also see how customers engage with your pages.

On this particular page, I noticed:

1. It should say “Model” instead of “Material.”
  2. The order of models is from newest to oldest whereas other iPhone cases are from oldest to newest.
  3. Selecting a color is impossible. I don’t know how to order! What is B? What is C? Even though it updates when I select it, make it clear to people what they are ordering. If I just saw “D” as a color option, I wouldn’t continue to try to order. 
  4. Add in some more information in a description. Your basic details are too generic here. Sell it to customers! Paint the description for them. 

This is also where I would link to your shipping information or reiterate that you have free shipping right now. 

Audiences
While you can use visitor behavior to understand ways to improve your website, you can also use it to evaluate your visitors themselves. Since you’re running paid campaigns, you can filter heatmaps and recordings to see the data from just those campaigns.

• Are they interacting differently than organic traffic?
  • Do they engage at all with your pages?
  • Do you have a higher bounce rate with desktop or mobile users?
  • If they do interact with your store, are they running into issues? 

It’s great that you’re running paid campaigns, but if you aren’t targeting the right audience, it’s not the ideal situation. 

Overall, I think you’re on the right track. From my experience working with other Shopify stores, turning to visitor behavior makes all the difference. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, poll, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

Good luck, Casety! You’ve got this. Be sure to update us with your progress!

Cheers - 

Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted

@Casety ,

What kind of ads are you running? I would suggest to learn the market as it becomes easier for you to identify the target customers and then draft an effective marketing strategy which may help position your business among the target audience.

Facebook Ads: For Facebook Advertising, you should first focus on your targeted audience. The audience should be narrow down with targeted location, interest-based group, demographics, etc. 

Facebook is a very visual platform and you need to make sure that your ads are good at catching the eyes of your custom audience.

You can tell that your ad creative is performing poorly if your ad has a low CTR. The average CTR on Facebook is 0.9%.

Facebook ads can be a great way to increase traffic numbers for your website. However, if you have yet to see an adequate return on investment or poor CTR, it may just be that you’re making some common mistakes leading up to getting your custom audience to your landing page.

Google ads: If you want to increase sales I would recommend to start off Google Shopping ads. It becomes easier to get conversion and grow your business with Google Ads.

Also, you need to work on your store to make user want to purchase.

Homepage: Homepage could be better. Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. You can add more sections such as ‘New arrivals’, ‘blogs’, ‘Top selling products or best selling products’, ‘offers & discount banners’ and make your website user-friendly.  Also add a favicon on the store. 

Product Page: Provide a detailed product description to users it creates a better understanding of the product. 

Add write a review section - This is a great way to win customer trust by providing them authentic reviews of the product so add ‘write a review section’ on

your website and display it with the aggregate rating.

Live Chat Support: Integrate live chat support on your website. A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers.

I hope my feedback will help you!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!

Thank you!!!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 155

Hi @Casety 

To be completely honest, I think you need some work done and some things reconsidered in order to start selling. First of all, selling "one of each" might not be the best idea. By offering a couple of accessories and a couple of shirts will not help you get people interested in any of those. They say if your market is everybody, then your market is no one. I highly recommend focusing on narrower niche and add more variety of that.  When creating a site always think why a person should buy from you not from Amazon or any other giant platform. Once you have that figured out, move on from there :)

As for the site itself, I think it is lacking some information. Clearly, you have started a couple of days ago and that must be the reason. 

Here are some tips, that hopefully will help: 

-add About us, Contact us, ToS and Policies pages. Having only categories will not work out. You need to earn your customers trust before they write their credit card number on checkout. 

-add functionality on your site. You can use apps for that. If you want to add Reviews, wishlist, Discounts and more just in one click check out Growave

Good luck! 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like