I just took a look at your site, which looks really good! However, I would suggest adding more to your footer, like address, phone number, link to blog? The site looks good till the footer and then just stops. This may be off putting to customers in not viewing the site as legitimate or trustworthy.
Your cart seems fine, with no issues at checkout and shipping is fairly priced.
Hope some of this helps.
I hope you're doing great!
I would be happy to work with you. Please give me a suitable time to discuss your requirements.
Also, add me over Skype id- live:jennifer.wcoast or Email- email@example.com
I look forward to your response!
Hi @Valo !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
Your google page speed score is only 39 and mobile speed 8. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well. Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website.
Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Take a look at your store, and here's my view:
- I think you're showing too many products on your home page. I know you have four collections, but try to show less if you can. So your customers will know what they need to focus.
- The banner part is too big and shows only images. Add some meaningful texts which have CTAs below.
- Create the gallery at the end of your homepage. I've seen your Insta, but it has only four photos. Try to post more on it and connect your store to your Instagram to post Insta images on your store.
You can check this app: Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It also helps you tag your products on photos.
I love the popup, just keep it up. It will have good results in the near future.
Hope it helps
Here are some quick pointers for increased conversions
1. Build confidence by using social proof: Social proof comes in many forms. They can be reviews, trust badges, customer testimonials, videos, ratings, etc. Customers are more likely to trust you when you have social proofs that establish you’re a reputable brand other people are already buying from.
------> Reviews: Get more reviews in your products, this is for shoppers to gain some confidence in buying from your store. To know more about how to ask for reviews politely, you can read it here.
2. Provide all the relevant information: Add short & crisp description which conveys the value proposition of the products and more information should be provided (in a creative way, not hard to digest copy) which answers any potential questions related to the product. This will help users get more insights about your product, which is crucial for getting them into buying from your store.
3. Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. (For example, Amazon adds social proof by adding badges like "Amazon's choice" and according to reports, they get an increased conversion rate of 25%.) Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab the attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase. (I have added images as reference. If you do like it, then check out more sticker packs here - it's free)
Hope this helps.
I agree with the other posters here to fix some of those issues. But right now we can only point out things we see.
There's a lot of the process we can't see.
My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We also do video replays, so you will be able to collect replay videos of your customers, journey through your website to know who, why, where your customers are dropping off. Time to stop doing guess work.
If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:
If you are interested just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email.
If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.