hello! I started with my website 2 weeks ago and have spend like $300 in ads. There's definitely movement in the website since I got sessions 1,443 but there's no people buying(only 2) and 3 reach the checkout without buying. Instagram already has 80 followers and I upload photos every day and nothing. Is normal? I am not sure what to do. Do i keep spending money in advertising? Eventually people will recognize my brand? Do I keep targeting the same audience in my ads? Can someone see my website and maybe give me input?. I am not sure what to do from now on. Please help....
Thanks a lot
Somewhere online, people make it sound like it's very easy to start an ecommerce store and make ridiculous sales very easily. That simply isn't true, you have to put lots of work and effort into optimizing your store, your traffic, and your brand before you can get a steady flow of income.
It's good you have traffic, but are you targeting the right users. Are those users bouncing? How much time do they spend on your site? Do they find what they are looking for?
These are some of the questions you will need to answer.
What I can see is that:
There's a lot of the process we can't see.
My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved.
If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation and set up which involves:
If you are interested just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email.
If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.
I sent you an email, hopefully you received it.
It is not okay. Spending 300 USD and getting 2 sales is not okay. If you keep investing in ads and change nothing about them or your site, you will keep the same ratio of ads to sales. That is why I recommend reconsidering your target in ads you are running. I have taken a look at your site and can definitely tell that you have done a lot of work there and there only a few things I would recommend changing. But that is later. As for now let's see what we can do with ads.
1) I think the main issue is targeting. Let's say, if there are about 1500 people who were somehow interested in toys, why only two people found the items that they liked and purchased? It is most likely because they were not interested in the toys to begin with. Take a second look at the filters you have set up. Play around with timings, locations, ages etc. Also, consider launching a few ads at the same time, one with video, another one with an image and some text only. If that still does not work, then it could be the check out process on the site.
2) To make the checkout process easier enable all possible payment methods. Use Buy Now Pay Later methods. Here we have a post about them https://growave.io/blog/buy-now-pay-later-services-are-booming-in-2020-heres-what-you-need-to-know/
3) I am not sure if the prices on your products are fair, since you do have quite unique toys. But still, see if you can lower the prices a little and make them more affordable than the competitors' prices. If you already have the minimal possible price than make the shipping free.
Now as for the site itself,
1) The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand on it? Does that mean the product is bad? Instead of giving discount for nothing, give them as rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
2) Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
3)90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is a social proof. In my opinion that is an essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave. We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Take care and stay healthy <3
Hello @Gabrielai ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
Hi @Gabrielai welcome to Shopify family
I hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. The header menu size can be reduced as the logo scaled too much it is not giving any professional look to your website. I think if you remove the circle from the logo and re-scale the icon and the title name would be great.
2. There is no breathing space if we scroll down a bit, the category boxes have no breathing space between them which is looking cluttered.
3. Engaging audience by writing a blog with different titles and posting them on different social media platforms will be helpful.
4. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well.
5. Bigger images in your catalog view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
6. A minimum of 3-4 images must be there for every product so this will help the customer review the product from every angle and will give detailed description about the product.
7. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.
I hope this helps!