1,443 sessions but 2 conversions

Gabrielai
Tourist
5 0 0

hello!  I started with my website 2 weeks ago and have spend like $300 in ads. There's definitely movement in the website since I got sessions 1,443 but there's no people buying(only 2) and 3 reach the checkout without buying. Instagram already has 80 followers and I upload photos every day and nothing. Is normal? I am not sure what to do. Do i keep spending money in advertising? Eventually people will recognize my brand? Do I keep targeting the same audience in my ads? Can someone see my website and maybe give me input?. I am not sure what to do from now on. Please help....

www.toyskingdom.shop

instagram: toys_kingdom_shop

Thanks a lot

0 Likes

Hey,

Somewhere online, people make it sound like it's very easy to start an ecommerce store and make ridiculous sales very easily. That simply isn't true, you have to put lots of work and effort into optimizing your store, your traffic, and your brand before you can get a steady flow of income.

It's good you have traffic, but are you targeting the right users. Are those users bouncing? How much time do they spend on your site? Do they find what they are looking for?

These are some of the questions you will need to answer.

What I can see is that:

• you have some of the basics going for you
  • logo is a little bit blurry
  • about us is a little bit thin and could probably use more content
  • you are missing any type of social proofing, basically something like a trust pilot badge or reviews on your product
  • perhaps you want to include your location of a base of operations so people know where you are
  • design of the home page is a little bit bland
  • USP - or unique selling proposition; why would I buy from your store rather than just ordering toys from Amazon?

There's a lot of the process we can't see.

My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved.

If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation and set up which involves:

• taking a deep dive into your data: look at where your traffic comes from, what they do on site, why they might be dropping off
  • identifying metrics that and areas that could cause issue
  • working together to see what we can improve to bring up that conversion rate
  • at the end of the day you know your market the best, but I can help to provide key insights and a second opinion on what could be improved

If you are interested just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email. 

If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.

Cheers,

ui-gab
https://www.uiavenue.ca
We specialize in data analytics. If I've helped you today, please give our give our app a try (15-day free trial) https://apps.shopify.com/ui-ave-analytics and maybe write a good review.
Send me a message if you want a free data analysis consultation.
0 Likes
Gabrielai
Tourist
5 0 0

Thanks a lot.... YES Please, i would love a analytics consultation and set up if it's possible. My email address is gabriela.irizarry87@gmail.com. please let me know what information do you need. Thanks

0 Likes

Hey,

I sent you an email, hopefully you received it.

Cheers,

Gabe

ui-gab
https://www.uiavenue.ca
We specialize in data analytics. If I've helped you today, please give our give our app a try (15-day free trial) https://apps.shopify.com/ui-ave-analytics and maybe write a good review.
Send me a message if you want a free data analysis consultation.
0 Likes
mead95
Tourist
6 0 1

It's a common problem actually

0 Likes
m555zma
Tourist
13 0 2

Looks very professional.  But the photos could be a bit brighter.  They look a bit dim.

0 Likes
Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

Hi @Gabrielai 

It is not okay. Spending 300 USD and getting 2 sales is not okay. If you keep investing in ads and change nothing about them or your site, you will keep the same ratio of ads to sales. That is why I recommend reconsidering your target in ads you are running. I have taken a look at your site and can definitely tell that you have done a lot of work there and there only a few things I would recommend changing. But that is later. As for now let's see what we can do with ads.  

1) I think the main issue is targeting. Let's say, if there are about 1500 people who were somehow interested in toys, why only two people found the items that they liked and purchased? It is most likely because they were not interested in the toys to begin with. Take a second look at the filters you have set up. Play around with timings, locations, ages etc. Also, consider launching a few ads at the same time, one with video, another one with an image and some text only. If that still does not work, then it could be the check out process on the site. 

2) To make the checkout process easier enable all possible payment methods. Use Buy Now Pay Later methods. Here we have a post about them https://growave.io/blog/buy-now-pay-later-services-are-booming-in-2020-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

3) I am not sure if the prices on your products are fair, since you do have quite unique toys. But still, see if you can lower the prices a little and make them more affordable than the competitors' prices. If you already have the minimal possible price than make the shipping free. 

Now as for the site itself, 

1) The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand on it? Does that mean the product is bad? Instead of giving discount for nothing, give them as rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

2) Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

3)90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is a social proof. In my opinion that is an essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site

For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave. We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here

Hello @Gabrielai ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales.
  • I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
  • Also, try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
Munn
Shopify Partner
483 17 101

Hi @Gabrielai welcome to Shopify family

I hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. The header menu size can be reduced as the logo scaled too much it is not giving any professional look to your website. I think if you remove the circle from the logo and re-scale the icon and the title name would be great.
2. There is no breathing space if we scroll down a bit, the category boxes have no breathing space between them which is looking cluttered. 
3. Engaging audience by writing a blog with different titles and posting them on different social media platforms will be helpful.
4. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well.
5. Bigger images in your catalog view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
6. A minimum of 3-4 images must be there for every product so this will help the customer review the product from every angle and will give detailed description about the product.
7. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes