$1,500 in Sales in Two Months but Sales and Traffic Dropped Drastically. Any Help?

Tourist
4 0 0

Hey Guys,

I own a dropshipping store, www.kolinbryce.com. We utilize Brand Ambassadors to promote product along with the occasional email marketing campaign. $1,500 in sales in two months and from August to September Roughly $40 total in sales with only $15 in profit. Any ideas on how to keep sales and visitors high? 

Instagram.com/kolinbryce 

Any tips? Thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
488 26 99

Hi @kolinbryceCEO 

Hey nice job on your store. Honestly it's quite good, I like it a lot. There are a few tiny things I would change.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

You might consider adding a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

An important thing I couldn't find is a blog. A blog could be used to drive more traffic to your store, and you could also use it to recommend potential products that your customer could buy.

I wasn't able to find a return policy. A return policy can help your customers know what to do in case something goes wrong. If you include one it can help increase trust and thus increase sales.

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

By the way, I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course (I'm not selling anything) that might help you optimize your store. 

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
244 27 51

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at your site and you've done great work on it. 

- I was interrupted twice when trying to view the store initially, which I don't think is great user experience. Perhaps delay these until I can actually see what store I'm signing up for. 

- I can see that your site is very summer focused, and with that season coming to an end for a large part of the world, I wonder if that has to do with the fall in your sales? The lead up to summer and summer itself would prove popular for these products, but unless you're now targeting the southern hemisphere there may be a good reason to change your seasonal collection to something Fall/Winter. 

- I'd love to know more about the business itself, so I think more text content would help with the branding on the site. 

How are you currently marketing the business? Do you still use influencers? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like

Hi there,

Congrats on a great looking store. If you already had great sales, and they suddenly dropped, it's probably nothing to do with the website itself, but more with the incoming traffic, marketing strategy etc. If you relied solely on brand ambassadors in the beginning, you might want to run another campaign, but also work on other sources of traffic, like SEO [optimize your website for the search engines], Facebook ads etc.

I also noticed that your newsletter pop-up window appears on every single page, even after I closed it few times:

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 08.17.39.png

That can definitely affect your user experience [people browsing your products], and therefore conversion rate. Consider changing the settings in Privy, so the window doesn't appear again when closed.

✅ Get FREE website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
220 17 63

Hi there,

If brand ambassadors are the only channel to sell products on your store, that is the reason, it might be unstable. I believe that you need to test more and more one by one so you will know which channels work good for you. Get the list of possible channels where you can get leads, try ads, post on the blog, create other social media pages besides Instagram.

To conclude this, you just need to always evolve and broaden the channels where and how to show people that you have an awesome store with awesome products.

BTW, the pop-up showed twice while I was browsing your store, I believe that once a day for a user is good enough

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here.
0 Likes
Explorer
67 3 22

Hi @kolinbryceCEO,

Can you help us understand what changed for your site between the first two months and now?  If we're able to figure that out, we can probably get you headed back in the right direction!

Want to make your store sell? Try Entaice: Explore
0 Likes