1 Month - No Traffic - No Sales - Why?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 4

My partner and I are honestly very perplexed here. We can't figure it out whatsoever. First of all, please don't mention Facebook Ads, Facebook Ads will not work for our niche. They just aren't the right types of advertising for our niche, it'd be a huge waste of money. 

Anyway, we've been active on Instagram on a daily basis, sending out promotional emails to a small list of subscribers, and have been creating youtube/blog content and sharing our content across social media for a month straight now. In addition, we both spend roughly 14hrs a day - 7 days a week with all of this. I have no idea why we're not getting anywhere. We can't really spend money on advertising simply because we have 0 money to spend. Not even on credit cards or anything like that. We're strapped, very strapped for cash. 

I just honestly don't get what we're doing wrong. We have over 8,000 products with custom product titles and keyword rich descriptions (all 16000+ images have alt tags as well), and we also have THE BEST rewards program in our niche as well (better than any competitor out there). In addition, we've even built a custom script to update our product list whenever we get a new one from our supplier, so that's all automated. I know that has nothing to do with marketing but really though, this makes no sense. All this work and we have absolutely nothing to show for it yet. What could we be doing wrong? Please help if you have any input. Also, we have tested EVERYTHING in our site and all works perfectly with no issues on the front-end. 

Our Store URL - https://bit.ly/2tC8HFT

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

I'm no expert, but I did take a quick look. Obviously you did a lot of work on the site. Props for that. However, on the landing page the title is cutoff making it look a little bit unprofessional right from the get go. Did you preview the site in all the different browsers? I googled a few of the products and found the same ones cheaper on Amazon with free shipping for me and anyone else with prime. Also, the large number of products sort of reeks, excuse the pun, of counterfeit product. Are you an authorized distributor for these products? If so, say so right up front. Good luck, maybe try some different drop shipped products if the scent business stinks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 4
Yes, we get our fragrances right from the manufacturers. Our very first paragraph on the homepage states that we take authenticity seriously and do not sell knockoffs. In addition, we have been in business at our physical location for many years and only not just got online. Thanks for pointing out the title on homepage, I never thought to check different browsers. As far as discounted products, the difference between us and Amazon is that Amazon has a high frequency of selling fake fragrances. They also don't have a rewards program anywhere near as good as ours. We want our customers to be able to afford expensive fragrances. That is why we created discounts as high as $100 off.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 14
No money to spend for advertising ? Thats a problem . I just started a store also and have no sales but have been doing a google adds campaign and bringing in some traffic . You don't have sales because there is NO ONE ON YOUR site !! No one knows you exist. Traffic takes a long time to grow , that's why most use PAID advertising in the beginning. I know my store wouldnt have any if I didn't pay for it . Takes time .
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 6

Marketing is one of the reasons. Also, your products are expensive. Not only compared to Amazon but well-renowned stores as well (google shopping, saks fifth, sephora to name a few). This could be the reason.

0 Likes