1 month, Good Traffic and No sales yet, Please Help!

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi, My Store

www.sattvainliving.in

has been getting good traffic but not sales yet. I need your Honest Feedback.What Changes can I make to increase my Sales. Please Help.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
208 36 134

Hey there, @TarunGoutham!  

It’s always frustrating when you get traffic but no sales. My colleague recently covered this issue in a Website Analysis video, if you want to take a look: https://youtu.be/ssmhY8OlJfg

Back to you - let’s see what we can do!

First thing: You have a lot of animations here that are distracting. Within the first few seconds of landing on your site, a Best Sellers tab launches at the bottom, and the product animates in the header image. That, combined with your overwhelming amount of information at the top of your page make it a very frustrating first experience:

LuckyDanny_0-1600455903353.png

Jumping into the homepage:

• The CTA by the countdown time isn’t linked correctly. It’s linked to one specific product, which may be a turnoff for someone who is looking for something else. 
  • Eliminate the animated, rotating products. It’s going by too fast to be seen, and it’s not linked. So even if I wanted to learn more about it, I couldn’t. I would have to go find it. That’s a missed opportunity.
  • I would use a more traditional layout. It would let you use a stronger CTA that links to your products rather than the layout you currently have. The text you have on the right is very long, and most people won’t be reading it.
  • Do you have double collections below your header image? Due to its positioning on the page, I would eliminate the list and focus on the collection images instead.
    LuckyDanny_1-1600455903249.png
  • In general, your homepage feels like there’s too much going on here. You have featured products, followed by a utility bar, followed by a long statement about why choose you and your about us. That’s a lot of text to have on your homepage. Use a scroll heatmap to see how far people are scrolling and what information they are seeing. Use a click heatmap to then see where people click on your homepage.
  • Unless you have a physical location that people can visit, take out the address and map. 

Let’s talk about your footer. 

• I would move your Contact Us and social media links to your footer.
  • I would also have each page open as a unique page instead of keeping the same header and header images as the other page. It becomes confusing.
  • Trust badges: I like that you have them, but organize them in a way that isn’t as massive on the page.

Navigation

• Having a more traditional navigation bar would be especially helpful for you. As it is now, you can miss it quickly. 
  • The store isn’t really linked; it jumps visitors down to the middle of the page. That’s not a good experience for visitors.
  • Instead of putting your About and Location on the main navigation, I would leave those in the footer. Separate your collections (i.e., Hand Sanitizers, Masks, etc.) instead.
  • I would watch some session recordings of visitors engaging with your store. Do they understand how it’s set up? Where are they clicking? How are they moving?

Collection Pages

For reference, I’m looking at hand sanitizers and disinfectants. 

• Again, dedicating a unique page to the collections would be easier for visitors. In the current layout, it’s not always clear when you’ve left the homepage.
  • You need filters! In this case, it would be helpful to filter by size, cost, container, smell, etc. That’s going to help your visitors isolate what they want to find. 

Product Pages

For reference, I’m looking at the Sattva Hand Sanitizer Liquid Push Pump 1000ml. 

• I like that you have information that it’s been purchased 11 times and that 12 people are looking at it. However, I don’t think you need all three. 
  • A smaller photo would help bring the rest of the description up to be easier to read. 
  • Be mindful of the images you use here. Three of them are very similar and not necessary. 
  • I’m seeing two conflicting discount codes. There’s a 10% off code on the product page and a 20% off code on your announcement bar. 

You need to give yourself kudos for putting so much work into the store, and now you need to find ways to make it even better. Visitor behavior will show you exactly what your visitors experience and what’s stopping them from converting. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps - good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted

The most effective way is to lower your prices. If still no sale, it could be something wrong with your listing

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
349 14 72

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @TarunGoutham welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. In your homepage, I would suggest highlighting a few more collections (Featured Product, Best Seller, and New Arrivals) and keeping some testimonials as social proof as well. Keep in mind that the homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off.

I recommend you to strengthen your social activity on Facebook and Instagram by posting on regularly and connecting with similar communities as this will increase awareness and publicity of your website and help in having more traffic. Also getting a social media influencer to promote your merch is also a good way to get high traffic to your store.

Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes