1 month+ no sales

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello, I'd really appreciate ANY feedback. I launched earlier last month BUT came across many issues while wating for 3rd party payment gateway. I sell adult toys and novelties, and waited nearly a whole month before the payment gateway was implemented :-( meaning I couldn't process payments. 

I recently hit 130 followers on my fb business page, I get decent traffic, plenty I believe to get at least one sale. I advertise through fb, and google, and make use of posting directly to social media (due to the limitations of advertising adult products on social media through ads). 

Please let me know what you suggest, there are known issues that I'm working to fix but I'd just like recommendations to get sales/conversions, trying to make up for the lost time I had to wait. I thought I was on the right track, but it doens't seem so :-(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
242 1 22

Hey Deniece, I took a look at your store and have some tips for you.

I think there might be a problem with the design of your site. I know you probably wanted to go for something subtle to net look like some sleazy store. But there is absolutely no way to know what you sell when a visitor gets to the page. Both the pictures in the main banner and the store description under it sounds like you are running joga store or something. Based on what I see there I would expect to see essences and joga mats or something like that. So I think there might be a problem with that people do not go past what they see when they enter the store.

You should use Google Analytics and take a look at how far do the people go. If they really leave straight from the homepage you'll know that there is a problem there. 

You mentioned restrictions in ads for adult content. But there are some possibilities you should try. You should definitely give a try to retargeting ads. They might not work because of the content but you won't pay anything for ads that are not running so there is no harm in trying. But I think that dynamic search ads should work for the store. If you'll install ROI Hunter Easy app and send a request for DSA our marketer will take care of it for you.

Hope it helps.

Ondra

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3039 227 497

Hi Deniece, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

After taking a look at your store I have a few ideas of things you can add to your store. 

• The first one is adding trust seal badges. It might not sound like a big thing, but a customer builds instant trust with an online store when they see trust seals on them. Shopify has a great guide for adding trust seal badges which you can see here and there is also a free app in the Shopify app store which you can see here
  • I also saw you don't have a shipping page. While another trust builder it also keeps customers aware of any shipping notes they should be aware of with your store. Shopify's partners Oberlo have a great blog article with some examples of the best Shipping Pages which you can see here
  • Last but not least the Privacy Page. A privacy page is pretty essential with online stores especially in the light of GDPR recently. Shopify has a Privacy Policy Generator which you might find useful with this and also a guide on how to add a webpage with your store policies here

Hope these tips help and don't hesitate to ask any other questions should you have any. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Whatever the required three policies are,( I know shipping and privacy are 2 of the 3), the links are listed at the bottom of the checkout page. But I will see about making them more apparent in the menu or footer. I was just reading about the trust seals, I was actually gonna work on that today :) THANK YOU

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Thank you!

0 Likes