100 percent abandon carts, my checkout is broken?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Shopify Community, 

I am feeling very helpless at the moment, this is my second store, first one was a test run just to get a feel this one I waited a bit and then researched and made this. I know what I would need to do to scale and add more products but I cannot even think of doing that when I am failing to even get 1 sale. My ads are working great, in 2 days I got over 1500 sessions and from those sessions I got over 120 add to carts and from that 60 checkouts, and by checkouts they all put their info in, they pick their shipping and then nothing.... I just do not get a sale. I do not know if its something they do not like after putting in all their info and picking shipping or that something goes wrong and it doesn't work and they just leave? I have tried testing the payment, did the process and refunded my self and it worked. I have currency conversion on it I am using lucky orange to see their behavior but that only tracks till they click the checkout and then I have no idea what is going on after that. 

I feel so helpless yet at the same time its like okay I am getting many people interested and wanting to checkout and I just need to find what is the bottleneck and I can be good and I can scale up. I just do not get it. One thing to note a lot of my customers are from middle east, Asia etc., I don't know if its cause I need to handle foreign customers differently? ( I am from Canada).

I have Shopify ping so customers can ping me for questions on the site, I even have an Instagram page where people inquire a lot. One customer on ping asked me for a discount for 10 plus orders i gave him, I saw him fill out and once again nothing...I really just want to find out what is going on. It is frustrating but I am not ready to give up.

Here is my site. www.crateecase.com (ignore the Samsung category as I have those for later to scale up but my customer lands on product page. the issue isn't for the people who roam arounds it for the people who are checking out.) and its tailored for mobile use to please check it out on mobile. thank you

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECITED.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @SalahM,

Sorry to hear, that has to be really discouraging, I feel for you.

I'll just deal with the checkout first, here was my checkout experience. You can't see shipping cost or estimated delivery until you fill out your info, so I did that, and then when I clicked next I got free shipping which was great but the estimated delivery is 16-26 days.

casecrate-ship.png

I am in Canada, I sent a birthday card (within Canada) and it was going to be over 2 weeks so I understand that sometimes there's nothing you can do. I'm not sure what your shipping setup is but if you are drop shipping, looking at suppliers with faster shipping is something to consider.

The next few things are all due to the theme you've chosen. This theme works well on mobile devices but it is very hard to navigate on desktop. The link to see all of your products is hidden in the top left-hand corner. A lot of people are going to miss it entirely and think you only sell the products that they can see on the homepage. You also cannot see a price until you hover. On the individual products page, the image is so big that it takes up my entire screen. I can't see a price, a description or the add to cart button unless I scroll down. This is not good, you want to make the purchasing process as simple and quick as possible for your customers.

casecrate-home.png

My last piece of advice is to spend some time on your SEO. The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information in our signature. We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

FREE BLACK FRIDAY GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Great for store pop-ups or social media posts!
Pink, Orange, Red & Blue • Percentage off Variations Ranging from 20% - 80% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes