So I have been working on my website for about a month now. I have worked on a handful of facebook and google ads, and I have been receiving a good deal of traffic ( about 150 sessions per day). My conversion rate is WAY off though at about 0.1%. I have looked at a great deal of suggestions on this forum, but for some reason I can't get the sales to come through. I made it from scratch myself, so I think a fresh set of eyes would be extremely beneficial. Any help would be greatly appreciated. www.anglerinfinite.com
Hey @bengalloway22 ,
I have checked your website, and it looks neat. Although I have gone for fishing only once, I did like the feeling of not knowing what you're going to catch, and the feeling after catching a fish no matter how small it is :P
I would like to share a few tips on your page, hope it helps you out:
1. The homepage looks a bit empty right now, so I would suggest to add more content in your homepage like Featured products, Blog, Instagram feed, Best Sellers, New Arrivals etc. Keep in mind that homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off. Check out this store -> https://justforfishing.com/
2. I would recommend you to have add your social handles for your website, as this will increase awareness and publicity of your website and help in having more traffic. Also be active in social community as well. Which would lead to my third point.
3. Invite customers to be part of your community. Set up a blog and keep publishing fresh content out once in two weeks and this will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility. You can add a lot of fishing tips and guides, your experiences etc.
4. Have more high quality and personalised images in product catalog. Images seem to be small. Make sure the product description is in such a manner, that even customers who are new/beginner to fishing can make a decision of buying from your store. As you've said you would like to provide experience of fishing, and having a good product catalog (simple description, details can be added separately)
5. Try adding product stickers/trust badges - it will help in increasing your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency.
Do let me know if you require any more help, I'm happy to be of assistance.
Congratulations on your store! I must say your design is looking pretty great and clean, so kudos on that. A minimal design is very hard to achieve and you're definitely headed towards a great designed store.
I have a few recommendations for you that might be helpful to you.
1. Add a main call to action button on your hero image (eg. shop now, etc.) and make sure that the shop now button takes the viewer to your entire catalogue. You don't have a page for your entire catalogue yet.
2. Invite customers to be part of your community. You can set up a blog and keep publishing fresh content out once in two weeks and this will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility.
3. Free shipping is the biggest enticement for shopping online. And I see that free shipping isn't an option right now. So either you can provide free shipping as Standard (normal delivery), and shipping charges applied for Expedited (faster delivery)| or you could provide free shipping for orders above a certain value. Either of these, it will help you get more sales/increase conversions. I would like to recommend you one of the best apps for the same purpose -
4. Collections - You should feature your product collections instead of products from 1 collection, let show your visitors the broad range of your products, they can easily and quickly find out what kind of products you're selling.
5. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions and the same style/brand as you add more. This is going to help tie your site together.
6. Your homepage and product single page is long and would also be needing a scroll to top button so that the viewers can easily go up to the top of your page with just one click. Providing you with a link of an app that does this best. Scroll to top
7. Product description - Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search.
8. Most viewed products - Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value.
9. I would remove the " Order status " and " Help Centre " links in the main navigation and add them to the footer.
You can use the same app (Superbar) it provides you tools like a countdown timer, geolocation, etc. I’ll be adding links of a few apps that you could use for social proof as well below.
For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute.
If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.
One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously.
Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited. I'm providing you some other app links that might be useful.
Links - Urgency Pack Ultimate
Do let me know if you have any more questions.
If you found my response helpful, please hit the "like" button and let me know.